8C993422-B621-48C8-814A-30A53814502C.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 250

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You try Greggs or Acklands?
Don’t know what greggs is, and Ackland’s didn’t have any. I may have answered my own question, be it expensive but at least I have an option. Shop-Vac sells a replacement hose for $33. It’s 8’ long and since it’s meant for vacuum it shouldnt collapse. 2.5” diameter too. Found it on the internet while looking for PVC fittings for the snorkel. Lol

Unless anyone else has a better suggestion for the intake rather then pvc?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Pictures say 1000 words, going to make my 3” intake on my supercharger run to both pod filters which have a 2-1/4” inside diameter. Was going to run a 3” PVC or ABS wye and put the hose to run to the pod filters. With a coupler and hose clamps to hold the pods rigid.

2-1/2” inside diameter hose has 4.43 square inches of area, which I hope will compensate for the turbulence that the ridges will make.

2-1/4”, the inside diameter of the two pod filters, has 3.55 inches of surface area.

The 3” has 6.49 inches of surface area.

Since I’ll be running 2 pod filters, that both have 2-1/4” inside diameters, It’ll be more area then the 3. So I’m guessing that 2.5 is the size I should be running.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Went to Lowe’s and bought the 8’ section of 2.5” shop vac hose. Some pvc fittings. Hopefully I can stretch the shop vac hose over the pvc fitting I got without ripping it.

If anyone’s looking to do the pod filters on the proclimb. The hole rubber grommets have an I.D. of 2-1/4”, and the shop vac hose is 2-1/2”, so I went to Canadian Tire and bought two exhaust pipe reducers, 2-1/4” OD to 2-1/2” ID. They should fit snug in the grommets, and the taper to the 2-1/2” OD should be able to make it a step so it won’t pull through the hole. And so that the shop vac hose will be as if fit overtop for when I hose clamp it on.

The pod filter itself when tightened down on the exhaust adapter snug up against the grommet should keep it steady. And the grommet will give it play so when it’s rolled over it’ll still have the ability to bend down so it doesn’t break anything.

I’ll do a little DIY picture thread maybe to show how I do it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That hose is going to cause turbulence in the intake. There is a reason smooth silicone hoses are used.

Nevermind I decided to read your posts, your aware of it.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Goodall off mcdonald sells reinforced intake ducting that works good!

Know if they sell 3””? Seeing they’re closed today probably. I was gonna cut up my shop vac hose, but if they have 3” I might just return this shop vac hose.

I’ll have to see if. Even have room for 3”...

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So that 2.5” vacuum hose I got from Lowe’s, isn’t barely 2” ID... the diagram on the box shows a circle and on the inside it has a little thing like this
(<-2.5”->)

so you’d assume that since the thing is on the inside it would mean inside diameter.... well it’s like 2” barely. Time to try Goodall rubber I guess. I’m gonna make a thread on the pod filters I did, that’s the only thing that did work lol

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Know if they sell 3””? Seeing they’re closed today probably. I was gonna cut up my shop vac hose, but if they have 3” I might just return this shop vac hose.

I’ll have to see if. Even have room for 3”...

Let me look...think I have a few feet of it in a box of silicone fittings and tube in the shop

Top Bottom