School me on tunes

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure someone around here knows a thing or two about the dodge 6.7....
Picked up a new 17 ram today and I'm not brand bashing but it's doesn't power up to my 6.7 power stroke...
what are some options, power/fuel full delete lets hear em. Pros and cons snow and mudder folk.

Cummins610

Reaction score
BD throttle booster will make it feel less like a dog, about the only thing you can do and keep your warranty fully.

Delete is up 180hp gains to be had with everything else stock, EFILIVE or EZlynk is the new rage. If you have a 68rfe trans get the trans tune.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BD throttle booster will make it feel less like a dog, about the only thing you can do and keep your warranty fully.

Delete is up 180hp gains to be had with everything else stock, EFILIVE or EZlynk is the new rage. If you have a 68rfe trans get the trans tune.
If you want your dodge truck to rip and have good fuel economy Sell it. Get a ford or Gmc. You could do deletes and chip but then you void warranty. Another thing that's coming soon is mandatory smog compliance in Canada. There's going to be a lot of guys scrambling to find stock systems to re-Install.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you get this information from? Nothing I have found shows that the government is concerned about this.
Better believe its coming. Lower mainland has air care and will be mandatory. It is illegal to remove factory pollution control equipment of a vehicle. Been discussed many times here

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better believe its coming. Lower mainland has air care and will be mandatory. It is illegal to remove factory pollution control equipment of a vehicle. Been discussed many times here

It's also been discussed many times here that AirCare ended in 2014 in the lower mainland. It is not illegal to remove pollution control equipment on a personal vehicle in Alberta, on a commercial vehicle yes.

So again I will ask, where is this information coming from? As far as I can find there is no national strategy announced to have nationwide emissions testing.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your allowed to remove your catalytic converter?
It's also been discussed many times here that AirCare ended in 2014 in the lower mainland. It is not illegal to remove pollution control equipment on a personal vehicle in Alberta, on a commercial vehicle yes.

So again I will ask, where is this information coming from? As far as I can find there is no national strategy announced to have nationwide emissions testing.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your allowed to remove your catalytic converter?

On a personal vehicle yes.

Here is a quote from an Alberta Transportation spokesperson in 2013, the question was regarding particulate filters.

"[FONT=&quot]In Alberta, installing a DPF delete kit itself is not a regulatory offence, according to Alberta Transportation spokesperson and public affairs officer Trent Bancarz. However, the annual Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program (CVIP) inspections conducted on all large trucks do require an OEM or equivalent exhaust system."

[/FONT]
Here is the article it came from: http://www.trucknews.com/regulation...ad-tampering-of-emissions-systems/1002145949/

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not saying your wrong but would be interesting to see what the motor vehicle act says as I have been ticketed for this in the past, although in BC and prior to 2014

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not saying your wrong but would be interesting to see what the motor vehicle act says as I have been ticketed for this in the past, although in BC and prior to 2014

I have looked and can't find the piece of legislation forbidding the removal of emissions devices in BC regarding particulate filters, I have found a piece requiring crankcases to not be vented to atmosphere however. That being said I do know people have been ticketed for it. Whenever I am in BC I just keep the soot to a minimum to avoid a ticket.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this thread took a quick left turn. Freeflorider are you on cumminsforum? I find it useful.

Cummins610

Reaction score
The new CVIP regs were just renewed and full deletes are allowed for commercial vehicles, states right in the book omit in Alberta. Only a matter of time until the money hungry NDP government changes that all though.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this thread took a quick left turn. Freeflorider are you on cumminsforum? I find it useful.

New to the 6.7 cummins. picked up a 2012 last fall, it feels a little doggy. Just bought a new 17 and its way better, it has the H.O with the Asian.
I traded my 15 ford 6.7 to the cummins? Felt like a change I guess but so missing the power. I'll check out the cumminsforum, though there would be lots of dodge guys on here to feed my source for info.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New to the 6.7 cummins. picked up a 2012 last fall, it feels a little doggy. Just bought a new 17 and its way better, it has the H.O with the Asian.
I traded my 15 ford 6.7 to the cummins? Felt like a change I guess but so missing the power. I'll check out the cumminsforum, though there would be lots of dodge guys on here to feed my source for info.

Honestly most of the people I know are moving away from tuners and deletes, hard to justify losing warranty anymore, particularly on a brand new truck. Not to mention the newer emissions equipment is more reliable than it used to be.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I originally went with Anarchy on my '14 Cummins. I had issues from day one with their tunes. Had constant surging issues and their trans tuning leaves something to be desired. Not to mention the guy you have to deal with, Phil is an arrogant fawk. I went with No Limit from GP after that and couldn't be happier. I'm getting better mileage than stock and the truck runs the way it should. Give them a call and tell them Pink sent you. They'll treat you right

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly most of the people I know are moving away from tuners and deletes, hard to justify losing warranty anymore, particularly on a brand new truck. Not to mention the newer emissions equipment is more reliable than it used to be.

For sure, going to keep the new one off the juice, my 2012 has a egr service due that's a $1000 ?...so there telling me, and I'm finding it lacking on the top end like there's no boost, exhaust brake doesn't hold very well. Few issues but only at 100k, for the cost of repairs I'm thinking of a small tune, but to do a full delete or not...not sure as I need more input.
I tuned my fords and received crazy power from the spartan tunes.
I'm not looking to go that wild again.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 16 Cummins now have a 17 ford 6.7, can honestly say I prefered the cummins (except the dead peddle at a stop). Cummins would run 2L/100 less, as good or better towing for me at 6-10k trailer loads, sounds like a diesel should not the hamster sound from the ford, engine brake way better on the dodge and towing mileage 3-4L/100 better.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 16 Cummins now have a 17 ford 6.7, can honestly say I prefered the cummins (except the dead peddle at a stop). Cummins would run 2L/100 less, as good or better towing for me at 6-10k trailer loads, sounds like a diesel should not the hamster sound from the ford, engine brake way better on the dodge and towing mileage 3-4L/100 better.

Good to hear, my 12 dulley weights in at 5400 kg so I guess it's not a hot rod. I only took the new one for a quick spin around the block and the power/ engine brake was awesome, time will tell if I'm a new to dodge/Cummings guy or not.

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put the heaviest trailer or load you have on it and break it in. Don't diesels stay restricted until they break 10k still?

Top Bottom