Saturday Night Question

stomper

Reaction score
Ok so you just picked up a new 2015 sled, be it a doo, poo, cat or yammi.

Now what? Even though the dealer did a PDI on it what would you check for before that first ride? Not talking adding a bunch of mods but would you check certain fasteners to see they were torqued, hose clamps, wiring pinch points etc? Check clutch alignment, balance etc.?

Just curious what you guys do?

Yea I'm bored no snow yet!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would grease the suspension, and the ski spindle bushings. I know for a fact that they just bolted the skis on my 2008. next season, I needed new bushings.

Ok so you just picked up a new 2015 sled, be it a doo, poo, cat or yammi.

Now what? Even though the dealer did a PDI on it what would you check for before that first ride? Not talking adding a bunch of mods but would you check certain fasteners to see they were torqued, hose clamps, wiring pinch points etc? Check clutch alignment, balance etc.?

Just curious what you guys do?

Yea I'm bored no snow yet!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do a good once over on it. Usually adjust the bars to my likening so that gets checked. I start the sled and let it get up to temp a few times, doing that leaks should show up and helps with break in. And check the belt tension to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A good dealer with a good tech has everything in order. Both suggestions above are great; grease the ski bolts and adjust bars and suspension to your liking.

Just my humble opinion :snow:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally check everything I can
I check ski and track alignments
chaincase fluid level and tension
belt direction
clutch alignment
suspension bolts
grease everything

I dont leave anything really unchecked after delivery. I've never had an issue but it gives me piece of mind

Top Bottom