Running Issues

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Last night i installed the heated visor plug for my heated riser bag on my
2013 summit x 800. When i had everything taken apart(the consol and hood off) i started
the sled to make sure the d.e.s.s was connected and to make sure the heated bag worked.
once i seen everything worked, i put the sled back together. i started the sled to make sure
gauges and lights etc all worked but the sled ran like sh it. it struggled to idle. the rpms sat
at 950rpm, when i reved it up you could tell the power wasnt there, the exhaust was popping
and sounded like it was running on 1 cyl. i made sure the air sensor was hooked up and i worked
my way through everything i would have touched but couldnt see anything worng. any ideas?

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you start it with out the gauge cluster hooked up? if so sounds like you may have blown one coil.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That small hose by the oil tank to the air box is just a barometric pressure sensor, it doesn't need to be hooked up for the sled to run properly.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you start it with out the gauge cluster hooked up? if so sounds like you may have blown one coil.

I did start it with out the gauge hooked up. Air sensor is plugged in and oil side air hose is hooked up

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your coils, coils are grounded through the gauges, your not the only one this happened too.. good luck

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Coils or you bent some of the little pins in the connector for the gauges. Depends what pins get bent as to what the problem is. I've had this experience before. Just carefully straighten the pins and you should be good to go.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's so good to know now. Gotta make sure not to do that

Top Bottom