Rubicon Performance Upgrades

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
What are you running for rubber? When i first had mine i was running 26" mudlites stock, could turn'em pretty good, but once i put on a pipe, k & n filter and re-jetted it woke it up pretty good. The clutch kit really brought it to life, and I'm putting a mudbuster cam in before spring just for a little more juice.

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you running for rubber? When i first had mine i was running 26" mudlites stock, could turn'em pretty good, but once i put on a pipe, k & n filter and re-jetted it woke it up pretty good. The clutch kit really brought it to life, and I'm putting a mudbuster cam in before spring just for a little more juice.

I'm running 26" mudlites as well. Can't turn them the way u describe. Bogs down unless in ES mode and in low gears. hard time starting after it sits for a couple of days too!!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I have 26 mudlights on mine and I don't seem to have a problem, I do however try to avoid mud holes if possible, especially the skeg ones. When I had these tires on my 450 I had no problems either, but we did rejet for altitude a few years later and I must say it had a lot more torque. I might rejet my Rubi if it starts giving me problems at altitude. Mine also has difficulty starting in winter after sitting. If it is too cold it won't start at all, even after using the primer, summer no issues at all with starting. My old 450 was way better at starting in cold.

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
After I had my Rubi rejeted it starts real easy no matter what temp, I've had it goin with no issues at -35, before I got it tuned though, you would just run the battery down, and after about a half hour or so it would start.

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you have the work done? And having never done this I have to ask the dumb question: are there different jet kits that you can look for?

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
i took mine to accurate dyno in shearwood park, he'll get you what you need. there are a couple different types of jet kits out there, i went with the dyna-jet kit on mine.

Hope this helps,

Brian

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=brianwmcdonald;406205]i took mine to accurate dyno in shearwood park, he'll get you what you need. there are a couple different types of jet kits out there, i went with the dyna-jet kit on mine.

Hope this helps,

Brian[/QUOTE]

Forgot to ask if fuel consumption was a noticeable change???

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
Not a big change no, I still get around 100km per a tank of gas depending on the type of riding.

phanatic

Reaction score
Any updates on this stuff? I just bought an 08 Rubicon CTE. I got 26' Mudbugs, 2" lift, and I recently installed a K&N filter. This thing is handles everything I've thrown at it so far. It let me down once however, it got up to the gas tank in water. It didn't suck any in, but it wouldnt run properly until the next day. And my buddy had to pull me back home with his kodiak. I've put 600km on and thats the only problem i've had so far.

Love the forums BTW.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an '05 and although I stay out of deep water I have never had a problem with mine.

I have an 05 500 Foreman with manual shift, HMF Penland series pipe, Dyno-jet jet kit, K&N filter, with 14" ITP rims and 27" XTR's. I've got 5000 kms on mine, it's been dropped in creeks, a lake, and several deep mud holes. All I've ever done is the regular maintinence and a few crankcase and carburetor drains (because of the large amounts of water ingested). My machine has never let me down yet. I run these machines at work, some with 15000 kms on them and still going. If you want something thats going to last buy Honda.

jammergsxr

Reaction score
I would like to learn more about cutting the spring in the carb.
I have plenty of power and can get through mud larger quads wont even attempt.My problem is the larger ones can wheelie much easier,being shaft driven the rear rises upon acceleration.So any horse help would be great.

Top Bottom