RT1000 2005 151 Horsepower and track

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused:I have a 05 Summit RT1000 it has all the updates runs very good I was told with the skidoo dealer updates the horsepower was 185 is that true or not??? Can I run a 174X16X2.5 and what is envolved to do???anybody

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to agree with DaveB. I think that the 1000 was spec'd at 172hp, but the real numbers are usually a couple of hp lower. As well, as he said, if you are running too cold, which many of the 05's did due to the front, mid, and rear cooler setup that year, then you won't be seeing the full hp. Some have bypassed the front or rear cooler by choice, and I think some have bypassed the front due to a crack that develops in it. Other guys have talked about installing a thermostat in it (shocked to see that it doesn't have one stock) to control temps better.

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank's for your imput I just got this RT1000 this year and just don't know. My buddy tried it on a hill and said that it builds way more speed than his 04 rev 800 159. This I like to hear. It does run cold on my temp gauge, But I let it run to warm up before I pull any high rpm's.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya, mine dynoed with latest/greatest mapping, and timbersled air intake system, and e-raves and tps tweaked, and mbrp can at 179.8hp.... Thought about adding pipes, for another 20hp, but too much tinkering, and always adjusting. Will put fat pipe on this summer(5 more hp).... I will be putting a 174x16x3" track on this summer.... Trying to find the best deal on a track now.

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)I was thinking of the Timbersled air intake system was it hard to install? I have a 151x16x2.25 track on now. I also am looking for a 162 track for my sled. The 174 track is a lot of cash the cheapest I found was 1550.00. I do love the power of the 1000, Nothing like stomping your 800 buddies.:d:d

sledhead65

Reaction score
Rick, do you have access to a dyno.. i put a stock ypipe, dynaport pipe with a jaws can and i have my hesitations if it is making more power. i am considering coating my stock pipe and seeing the difference

Don

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
rick, do you have access to a dyno.. I put a stock ypipe, dynaport pipe with a jaws can and i have my hesitations if it is making more power. I am considering coating my stock pipe and seeing the difference

don

hi: Accurate dyno tuning just south of sherwood park..... Call robb zielinski @ 780-908-6321, and tell him ric from the petro-canada certigard told you about him..... Could e-mail him: qualityc@telus.net

i had mine dyno'd at mot's in st.albert, just before the engine blew last year..... Thinking of having it done again, just to compare the replacement engine to the original engine......

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
:)i was thinking of the timbersled air intake system was it hard to install? I have a 151x16x2.25 track on now. I also am looking for a 162 track for my sled. The 174 track is a lot of cash the cheapest i found was 1550.00. I do love the power of the 1000, nothing like stomping your 800 buddies.:d:d

timbersled intake system was very easy install..... I got mine from hi-performance engineering, and also got the pre-filters for it. Are you in a rush for the 162 track? I'll be switching mine out in the summer.... 1 or 2 minor cuts in lugs.... Interested?

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I am , I will be in Edmonton this weekend I would like to see it. I would also like to see the Timbersled air intake you have.

Maxwe

Reaction score
I have installed this track on my 1000 and it pulls it no problem.

freakshow12

Reaction score
I run my 05 mach with plugged decomps, cudney domes, bikeman pipe and can, a tweaked 05 map (cant say what we did with it :) )which is by far the best mapping out there as I have tried them all. Trouble is you cant get the 05 mapping off BUDS any more. I run bondi clutching and a 1.75 track. it pulled 119 in 1000 ft and is in the 190hp niebourhood. I have tried several combos with this machine since 05 and keep coming back to this one.

to answer the question. 172 is the rating and the updates do nothing to alter this. I also tried 4 cans on this sled and only the bikeman showed no LOSS in performance. there is alot of junk out there, I know as I have tried most of it LOL

Top Bottom