Rocky Rail Line - what is the 1/2 mark?

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey what is the half way mark in this trip?
reason so that maybe this summer I could do half and back again to start point to where vehicle is and then the other half a couple of days later...
would anyone be up to show or do this as a family type trip..
or even split into 3 return trips ?

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey what is the half way mark in this trip?
reason so that maybe this summer I could do half and back again to start point to where vehicle is and then the other half a couple of days later...
would anyone be up to show or do this as a family type trip..
or even split into 3 return trips ?

We ride out there lots and could show you they wat as long as my days off match uo with your times.

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is the best scenery on this ride
Rocky side or Nordegg side ...

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We start about 20 mins west of Rocky at Horberg. I would have to say that the best scenery is on the ride between Saunders and Nordegg.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say Saunders would be about the half way mark. The Saunder's area has some pretty neat stuff to look at too. The under-ground tunnel, the steel trestle, and some really nice views of the river and mountains. Saunder's too has LOTS of free camping, lots of area to set up camp !
:twocents: Just my 2 cents.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We start about 20 mins west of Rocky at Horberg. I would have to say that the best scenery is on the ride between Saunders and Nordegg.

you bet! its nice there. i have had a membership at wilderness village, in crimson provincal park since 95..... have ridden all over that area.

another nice ride is stopping at the pipeline about 10 mins from chambers and riding to the right.... and going to the arora governmnet lookout tower. its about a 7 to 8 hr ride with lunch.

FyreRyder

Reaction score
you bet! its nice there. i have had a membership at wilderness village, in crimson provincal park since 95..... have ridden all over that area.

another nice ride is stopping at the pipeline about 10 mins from chambers and riding to the right.... and going to the arora governmnet lookout tower. its about a 7 to 8 hr ride with lunch.

We have camped at the pipeline crossing a few times. Rode North just a short ways to the river. I would be interested to know more about he Arora tower...

pjquad

Reaction score
Is the look out tower straight to the north up the pipeline or is there a trail you have to follow. Have been up as far as where there is a trail or road to the west. Had just a short ride there one day before we got rained out.

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to take a left off of the pipeline and go north west, lots of trails that go to the tower. You can also go from jackfish lake to the tower.

pjquad

Reaction score
We did go left off of the pipeline for a ways then the trail started to head northwest, so we were probably headed in the direction of the tower. Will have to head that direction again one day and see how far I get. Thanks. I come up on the weekends and park the holiday trailer on a acreage north of Leslieville at my son's place and day ride out west. Might see you out some day, Thanks again.

Top Bottom