RkTek ECM re-curve.. Back to factory???

Firefox154

Reaction score
So after a bad experience with my 800r drop in kit I found a good deal on a new shortblock I'm planning on installing. Now I had the ECM reflashed by Kelsey to his specs and am not sure what my options are with this re-flashed ecm..Is it safe/good idea to leave it and run it? Can it be programed back to factory? Any ideas? Gonna call Kelsey and doo when I have time and research some options here, but in the meantime any thoughts or opinions would appreciated!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put one back to stock with the RKT ecm program and worked fine. Another fellow that had the drop in kit and head and then went back to stock with the RKT ecm reprogram and no problems.
But best to talk to the man and see what he says.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are the changes over the stock ecm
, i tried one out a few years back and seen no difference over stock, i was told the rev limiter was increassed and a few other perks in timing, but never seen the gain

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they ajust the timing in mid range to help with the higher temps and also the rev limiter as you stated.

Firefox154

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Talked to a few doo dealers and re flashing to factory is not possible i was told. Still waiting to hear back from rktek. Not 100% sold on running this ecm program on a factory motor just yet considering what i have invested but just my opinon. If anybody has a 09 summit ecm (stock! lol) for sale i will consider. Heres my kijiji add
Wanted: Wtb- 09 summit ECM (engine control module) - Edmonton Snowmobiles Parts, Trailers, Accessories For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Canada.
thanks again!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there a difference from 08 to 09, from what i recall i do not think their is

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My uncle got his ECM programed bye RK and his engine is stock. He said that it runs awesome like that.

Sun Sport

Reaction score
I have a stock ECM out of a 08 with the key ,all you will need to do is re program your gauge cluster.Let me know

Top Bottom