Riding in fernie or sparwood. Where to go?

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My group is planning on heading down to fernie area this weekend. Where do we go? Where are the riding areas?

Thanks.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Fernie! Depending on the type of riding your looking for there is plenty for all skill levels. The most common place people new to town head to ride is up Coal Creek. There's a decent staging area, groomed trails and a couple cabins from here.

We do riding clinics out of Fernie as well. PM for more details.

Hope you enjoy yourselves!

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My group is planning on heading down to fernie area this weekend. Where do we go? Where are the riding areas?

Thanks.
Hey James Elkford has some good riding areas as well!
Its just north of Sparwood about 20mins if you get a chance definately check it out!

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey james
I have been to FERNIE and ridden with Andy at weirboondocking. It's well worth it. I knew how to ride in the mountains and was somewhat familiar with the area, but. They showed me how little I real knew about FERNIE. And really changed my riding style. My ability has gone up ten times. If you can contact them, they will take great care of u. Other thing I realized is before we would have some days with big KM we would pack gas. With them. They have such a great knowledge of the area, there is never a long trail ride in to perfect snow

enjoy FERNIE

giddyup

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Any places to get maps, or direction to some riding areas?

All of the above is true........I have attached a map for the staging area. Trail maps are available at Ghostrider Motorsports and the Husky/Smitty's. From the staging area follow the groomed trail straight up to the Rolling Hills cabin and then just get at it!

Coal Creek staging area map (small).jpg

Top Bottom