rhino fuel pumps

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybodys rhino hard to start when its cold,mine will just turn over and wont fire,like -10 and lower,then if you come back and try again it will just fire up,it seems if you dont start it for awhile it takes a long time to fire up.could it be the weak fuel pump?or carb isues,it start fine all summer...

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might need a choke adjustment. To start mine I pump the pedal a couple times, pull full choke and start. Then I let it 1/4 choke, it will stall then it will start right up the second time usually with no choke.

I found after I installed my CDI it started better, THEN I rejetted my carb and it improved even more.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I added a 2" exhaust tip and 2" intake snorkel

If you want sometime, you can have a look at my machine, I have it at work on the north end of town. Just heading into town to go "shopping" with the family..

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty common issue. You can put in an electric pump to fix the problem. What I do when it's cold and it hasn't run in a while is pop the cowling and put my hand over the snorkel to "choke" it, this cut's the cranking down quite a bit.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It also helps to run a 0-40 oil like Amsoil, I found my machine turns over way better in the fall while out hunting.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are actually for yamaha snowmobiles. Any yamaha shop will have them. It is just an inline hose mount coolant heater. I will check and see if I still have the part number somewhere

Top Bottom