Revelstoke Lodge

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI:

I have been staying at the Revelstoke Lodge for the past 5 years
It's a close walk to the Grocery Store , Emo's Restaurant and Grizzly's Bar and Pub
Its not a New place but the Service has always been fairly decent

I Checked in on Dec.26/13

Get to my Room to find the Furnace Fan turned off, No Big Deal
I turned the Furnace Fan to High as I unpacked
I Normally turn the Fan to Low when I sleep, but it wasn't Overally Warm at Bedtime. So I slept in my Underwear and T-Shirt.
While leaving for Breakfast I stopped at the Front Desk to Notify them of the Heat Problem. They said they would look into it
After a Day of Riding
I stopped in at the Front Desk to see if they found a Problem
I was informed that the Furnace Motor was Over Heating and to just turn it off for a bit to Cool down and it should be Fine
I said " Your Not Serious are you, if the Motor is Over Heating its Not going to Fix the Problem by letting it Cool down. The Motor needs to be Changed "
I went to my Room, Furnace Fan was on High. the Room wasn't Overally Warm
I tried using Low, Medium and High Fan settings with No improvement
Slept in my Underwear and T-Shirt again
After a Day of Riding
I went into my Room to Discover a F**ckin COCKROACH in the Bathroom
I was so Pissed I didn't even tell them

I'm assuming there is New Management, since I didn't recognize any of the Staff from previous years

I will NEVER Step Foot in the Revelstoke Lodge Ever again :rant:

Last edited:

dsenych

Reaction score
FYI:

I have been staying at the Revelstoke Lodge for the past 5 years
It's a close walk to the Grocery Store , Emo's Restaurant and Grizzly's Bar and Pub
Its not a New place but the Service has always been fairly decent

I Checked in on Dec.26/13

Get to my Room to find the Furnace Fan turned off, No Big Deal
I turned the Furnace Fan to High as I unpacked
I Normally turn the Fan to Low when I sleep, but it wasn't Overally Warm at Bedtime. So I slept in my Underwear and T-Shirt.
While leaving for Breakfast I stopped at the Front Desk to Notify them of the Heat Problem. They said they would look into it
After a Day of Riding
I stopped in at the Front Desk to see if they found a Problem
I was informed that the Furnace Motor was Over Heating and to just turn it off for a bit to Cool down and it should be Fine
I said " Your Not Serious are you, if the Motor is Over Heating its Not going to Fix the Problem by letting it Cool down. The Motor needs to be Changed "
I went to my Room, Furnace Fan was on High. the Room wasn't Overally Warm
I tried using Low, Medium and High Fan settings with No improvement
Slept in my Underwear and T-Shirt again
After a Day of Riding
I went into my Room to Discover a F**ckin COCKROACH in the Bathroom
I was so Pissed I didn't even tell them

I'm assuming there is New Management, since I didn't recognize any of the Staff from previous years

I will NEVER Step Foot in the Revelstoke Lodge Ever again :rant:

Duly noted!

jmercer

Reaction score
I have also stayed here for the last 3 years or so and, like you, had the opinion that it was decent and the people were friendly. The last trip I made out over Christmas (checked in on the 27th) we got a really run down room that was in pretty bad shape. No other options for rooms, so lived with it. Woke up in the morning and went out to the truck and found that some low-life piece of garbage had dragged a key down the entire length of my truck; front fender to taillight. Scratched right through to primer. I won't be staying there anymore.

Obviously I'm not saying it's the hotels fault that I got my paint wrecked, but with the diminishing quality of service, and the fact that it seems to be in a high foot traffic location where people like to wreck things, it's just not worth it.

I checked with them about security cameras and they didn't seem too interested.

Top Bottom