Rev-XP belt deflection won't adjust

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Renegade Back Country 800 ptek with 2500km. After coming back from a great mountain trip to Valemount I found that my belt deflection is sitting about an inch from the top of the secondary. I tried to adjust by spinning the adjuster all way from helix out to the end of the threads and after each turn I moved the secondary one or two revoloutions to get the belt to raise/lower . The secondary will not open or close like it it did before the trip. Before the Valemount trip I did get the belt deflection to about an 1/8" peaking out over the top of the secondary.

I am handy but not a mechanic so any suggestions on what is wrong and possible corrections? Is it time to bring it in for maintenance? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

two (480x359) (2).jpg one - Copy (480x359).jpg

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I seen on a different thread a guy mention that the set screws ( not sure what they are called) on the inside shaft between the sheaves can back out and catch.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The screw that goes through the rollers can back off and get hung up. The c clip has to fall off for it to happen so if it is that don't just tighten it up and think your good to go. You will pretty much need to take the secondary off.

Top Bottom