Rev mods

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a team secondary, v-force 3's, crankshop single pipe and it rocks!!

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Do in this order:
0.5 strip every piece of foam out from under hood, take off all rear bogies and install scratchers and use them.
1 Lightweight can (good bang for the buck) I recommend HPS or Neil's Peroformance
2 Dynamo Jo clutch kit (biggest noticable performance gain).
3 Regear to 19tooth top gear and 45 on bottom (do at least the top gear if on a budget)
4 Dynoport pipe (weight loss and a bit more power)
5 Adjust clucthing for #4 above
6 Boss seat or simmons skis (depending if you want to lighten it up, or the less strain on the shoulders)
7 Change pistons to dual ring or at very least put the chrome race rings in, a 2004 is due for that anyways (see Ralph below).
8 Further motor mods that work: 14:1 head (start mixing fuel with Premium/VP110), v force reeds (not really noticable on top end, but better response), porting (get someone like Kelsey at RKT to do his or for you in Edmonton go to Ralph's in Valleyview.
9 Boodockers nitrous works Okay for the money it costs, but its only a few happy seconds...so I don't really care for it.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Also get some quick clickers from Ken At Specialty sleds, much easier to keep you in the right clicker for tuning on the hill....if you do that. Also make sure you tear apart your clutches and clean them after every couple weeknds of mtn riding....a clean clutch sled will always win....apples to apples.

Braaap

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Seems like a bit of time and money so im going to have to decide if this is the sled i want for a while or if I should upgrade and mod the new one out.

Much appreciated!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hammer, i already have most of that done to my sled and i do love it. I added the reeds last april and had one ride on them in Revy. Noticed a little quicker response, put duel ring RK Tek pisons this fall and wow what a difference. Now for the gearing.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good set of crank shop twins, ceramic coated ready to go is good for about 14hp and for the tune of about 900.00bucks:D

Top Bottom