Rent or bring this sled to Blue River for first Mountain Trip ever?

Reaction score
I am planning to head up to Blue River in mid Feb for my first mountain trip ever. We are planning on getting a guide to show us the terrain and keep us out of trouble hopefully from Blue River Sledz. I am in my first season riding and I wanted opinons if I should take my 2010 Skidoo Back Country 800 ptek (2000km) or rent a mountain sled.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride what you have you'll be fine.... Have fun.

• Recommends
Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best to ride your own, learn it get it set up.

It's funny how everyone thinks you need a big sled with a long track to go to the mountains. Those long tracks are good for climbing, if your not interested in leaving the highest marks on the steepest hill then you really don't need a big mountain sled.

I remember the old phaser days. Back when a 136 was the long track. My machines are 141 with 1.5 lugs, they take me into places I don't need to be. Dad rides a 121 ZR, that things been in the mountains lots.

You'll have more fun riding your own sled.

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
I ride 163 doo's and love riding in Blue
A Bigger sled gives you a lot more forgiveness & will take you into places you didn't think you can make
But as a new mountain rider the Renny will be good as long as the snow is not 2 plus feet deep, plus a guy tends to be braver on his own sled vs a rental
So check out snow conditions before & decide from there & I know Digger will take care of you
I rode with a fellow with a Rev Renegade w/1.75, he killed my sled on trail but it just isn't the same on the hills/trees/POWDER
Best to talk to Digger a few days earlier on condition as I have had days with 1 foot of fresh in the parking lot & stuck trucks, LOVE THE 163 THEN!!!!
Talk to Digger & ride what he recomends based on snow conditions
PS: saw him a few weeks ago on a stock 600 RMK riding with Turbo 2 strokes, HAVE A BLAST & ENJOY

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we just got back from blue last week the base is like pavement you can go anywhere with a 1.5 track. rent a 800 for a day just to see the difference just remember it can get expensive if you wreck the rental

Top Bottom