dore road 022.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 179
  • dore road 023.jpg
    dore road 023.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 180

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Barry are they doing this so the road doesn`t get rutted up with the sledder truck traffic? Is it to minimize runoff ruts and save money to repair the road. I know that the road was in pretty rough shape when I rode my quad up it last summer. Are they going to remove the barriers when the road dries up? Let us know if you need Snow and Mud help to get road opened.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road will open again end of June. Hope to have control of this trail by the end of July. Road is a mess with truck rutts and they do not want to spend the $$ to fix. If they can minimize the spring truck traffic they think the road will hold up. There is a problem at this time because Carrier has a road permit and we have a recreation trail permit, once we get Carrier's road permit removed then the trail becomes only a recreation trail and I have access to $$ to maybe fix it up a bit. We will see how it all plays out.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is not possible to get a quad and a trailer through the closure and we are losing a ton of snow fast. 35 the other day and rain for 2 days. May have to go up this weekend and see how much is left.

duramaxdan

Reaction score
hey barry i can help
IMG_0408.jpg

good excuse to tell the wife to get one more ride in (dear i have to help out a friend in mcbride)

renshawrider

Reaction score
Looks like Renshaw might be out of the question for this season. What about Lucuille is that road still open?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Renshaw yesterday, access is by quad only at this time. Went 23 and the road is in bad shape, many washouts and ton of mud at the top. Wouldn't be sledd'n that this spring. Will be going up Bell this AM and hope to get up Lucille this afternoon. Went to the end of the Dore and no snow on the trail. Was up to 32 on the Holmes and no snow on the trail to there as well.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Too Bad Renshaw Is Pretty Much Over This Year..... On The Other Hand, Sicamous Has Lots Of Snow Up Top Still.... Saw A Lot Of Trucks With Sleds In The Back All Through Bc, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, And Montana..... Lots Of Snow Up In The Big "hills"

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow line on Bell 5 KM past parking lot and Lucille just before the cutblock. Taking sleds up on Thurs. or Fri. to check it out.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Barry, I sent you a PM.

I expect to be posting a few pictures on Monday too, I just don't know if they will be of Snow or Mud !!!!!

We're trying for the Snow, but we might not get past the Mud.

Before we get done, I expect the Rhino will have been stuck in some Snow, and we will most likely have to ride the sleds in some Mud,......either way, we'll have pictures.

It all seems normal to me, I'm not sure why my wife thinks I nuts.??..!!!!

renshawrider

Reaction score
So I guess it is over for the year...I have a question for u riders? I am looking at the razor and ranger and i have tried a Joyner 1100 trooper..so the ? is will the razor pull alum trailer and 2 sleds up Renshaw or should a guy go with the ranger or ---trooper...?? any replies would be cool.. thanks..

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw is not over yet, we were up there on Saturday May 31st, it was pretty nice too, I used the Rhino and a 2 place trailer to get up there, I'll post a few pics later today.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pics of our May 31 visit to Renshaw.

1. Road block was open, thank you to who ever looked after that.

2. Parked truck just before first bridge, unloaded Rhino and re-rigged for the ride up.

3. Great weather, great ride.

4. A few problem areas on the trail, we got through okay.

5. Rhino and trailer could not cross first major deactivation ditch, so we unloaded at 23, sled in from there, about 1km of bare, then not too bad.

6. Fairly good conditions up there, we went everywhere with no trouble, had to watch out for open water in the low areas.

7. Cant wait for next winter

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to say this is the first time i have every been so jelous of someone for snowmobiling that i'm mad at them!! Great pics makes me really wanna go one more time.

steve8

Reaction score
Drove Up The Bell Road About 3kms Past The Parking Lot. They Are Logging Up There Right Now. There Was A Tree Across The Road So I Didnt Go Any Futher. Not Sure Where The Snow Starts.

Powder hound

Reaction score
Here is a couple more pics from last weekend for all you sled heads that think summer sucks! What a great time we had.

Last edited by a moderator:

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really disappointed to see someone took the road block apart, these are the actions that will see areas closed or severely restricted. It's unfortunate that people can't respect the land and rights of other users. You know it was done by sledders, as there is no other reason for anyone else to need to be up there at this time of year.:nono:

Top Bottom