Removing Pure logic fuel controller HELP!!!

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
Hey guys i have decided to take my pure logic fuel controller of my sled. The fun part is trying to figure out how to put all the wiring back together anyone currently have there sled apart and could take a couple pictures of the stock wiring harness on the fuel rail..

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
Hey guys i have decided to take my pure logic fuel controller of my sled. The fun part is trying to figure out how to put all the wiring back together anyone currently have there sled apart and could take a couple pictures of the stock wiring harness on the fuel rail..

When you unplug your controller harness, all the stock plugs that were plugged into your controller will just plug right back on your injectors and your air censer. pretty strait forward.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not that simple. The old pure logic boxes required you to pull the wires out of the injector plug. You might have to get a wire diagram from your cat dealer. the wires will show + and - but I'm not sure which side is which.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
It's not that simple. The old pure logic boxes required you to pull the wires out of the injector plug. You might have to get a wire diagram from your cat dealer. the wires will show + and - but I'm not sure which side is which.

Maybe this is what you are dealing with.. The really old boxes were made for the M7's and had the injector wires crossed, left to right. When I first boosted my sled I used a older box and had to switch my terminals left to right. take a tinny screw driver or a sharp object to release the terminals out of your injector plugs and switch them side to side, unless your wires have been cut and spliced.. Don't know how old your fuel box is so this is kind of a guess. Side to side injector shouldn't matter, but the left and right wire on the individual plug does. Hope that make a bit of sense.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

JUNIOR......... curious as to why your taking your box off.......not running right.......need some numbers......whats up

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
The pure logic box runs to rich at any elevation below 4000ft. So if i ever want to ride around home it runs like crap. Also i have taken my speed werx pipe off because ithas 5 cracks in it. Im going back to my stock pipe set up with my jaws can enough messing aroudn with the fuel control.

oly

Reaction score
Just a thought.. Everybody I know had to put in a fuel regulator to solve that problem.. Because the box doesn't go into neg #'s like the boondocker box you simply turn the regulater down and tweak from there. I think they are around $200 and you install in the tank to replace the fixed reg.

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
Now that i'm going back tos tock exhaust i wont need the fuel controlor one less thing to go wrong in the mountains. I only make it the mountains around twice a year and when your sled is not reliable makes for un pleasent trip..

Top Bottom