Red line turbo kits

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bd box and the gurgle is gone. The difference in the the to setups is amazing. Our whole group thinks redline is a joke after seeing how they work vs real turbo kits. Guy at the lodge her not with an Axys same issue **** bottom end and gurgle when you get on it

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We actually have a bunch of videos of the ****ty redline maps were going to put together a nice little video of bogs from multiple sled and post it everywhere for everyone to see at the end we will add some clips of real turbo sleds working good

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy you told it like it was, I wanted to tell it but it was not the same comming from me.. dave is a stellar guy and will stand behind his products..

Far from a stellar guy he’s a sack of **** that’s way in over his head and full of ****. He told me to my face it was a cleanest running setup on the market would never have a bobble or gargle. The when I complained about it multiple times after he had my money he said “ that’s how those kits work most guys don’t complain about it” told me “I can try something custome like some resistors in the injector circuits” and “well if it was a bran new sled would turno better” 😂 like are you kidding me I’m an automotive tech by trade and specialize in electrical and drivability and that is not at all how it works and the most backyard bull**** attempt ever. I can use a potentiometer with ect and IAT and trick it and get rid of the gargle just to prove it was a over fuel condition. The other thing that really pissed me off he tried to lie right to me and tell me oh you just need a o2 sensor that’s why is was reading rich sled wasn’t running rich. Well it ran rich enough that it backfired and blew my reeds so I had to replace them after only my second day. Also I know he’s full of **** because we tested the O2 sensor with a controller gas (that stupid **** Dave wouldn’t even know this exist) sensor was perfect and plugs were pig rich. Tried to Blain it on fuel but man that same fuel rocks in my mtntk kid and bd setup so can’t see that being an issue.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My TSS xm had a garble but the sled itself never hesitated. You could just hear it more than anything. I could punch it from a creek bottom and I was gone. Rode lots of older boondocker m series kits that made me want to light them on fire. They would always bog in the worst possible place and get you stuck.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Far from a stellar guy he’s a sack of **** that’s way in over his head and full of ****. He told me to my face it was a cleanest running setup on the market would never have a bobble or gargle. The when I complained about it multiple times after he had my money he said “ that’s how those kits work most guys don’t complain about it” told me “I can try something custome like some resistors in the injector circuits” and “well if it was a bran new sled would turno better” 😂 like are you kidding me I’m an automotive tech by trade and specialize in electrical and drivability and that is not at all how it works and the most backyard bull**** attempt ever. I can use a potentiometer with ect and IAT and trick it and get rid of the gargle just to prove it was a over fuel condition. The other thing that really pissed me off he tried to lie right to me and tell me oh you just need a o2 sensor that’s why is was reading rich sled wasn’t running rich. Well it ran rich enough that it backfired and blew my reeds so I had to replace them after only my second day. Also I know he’s full of **** because we tested the O2 sensor with a controller gas (that stupid **** Dave wouldn’t even know this exist) sensor was perfect and plugs were pig rich. Tried to Blain it on fuel but man that same fuel rocks in my mtntk kid and bd setup so can’t see that being an issue.

So much anger I bet you were hitting your keys super hard writing this. Pretty sure your credibility was lost the instant the guy you sold your garbage kit to said it's fine and you forgot to mention everything above. You seem like the kind of guy that could get into a scrap with a photo copier.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He ran a 50 series Aerocharger with a dobec box for years previous to the redline. Told me he couldn’t even hold it wide open I knew the redline was much better then that and he would be fine. Like I said open bowls easy riding it works steep and deep trees good luck

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talking with Dave today he was on the trail testing a fix to the 800etec turbo fuelling gurgle down low, said he's found a fix and will be implementing it over the ones he sold, sounds like the G4 box with some new tech and other stuff" was used..

he will also be able to take care of other kits same gurgles, there will be extra fuel needed from kit manufactures fueling or go with his complete G4 system, either idea can work..

as for my impulse he would need Paul to add some extra low end fueling in his ecu since his mod removes a fair bit Down low, since doo runs at such a lean a/f there, once up in Rpms it's fine...

he mentioned he took this thread to heart and wanted it fixed up.. No others have even attempted to fix this

good job redline.. Impulse will be getting this soon

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No.. Paul/Impulse uses his own ecm to piggy back fuel on top of boost, he uses a very fine tuned fuel curve but never could get the low end burgle out of it.. hope it’s now gone soon

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the low end gurgle is not a myth then? Here I was starting to think ktm was making stuff up.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talking with Dave today he was on the trail testing a fix to the 800etec turbo fuelling gurgle down low, said he's found a fix and will be implementing it over the ones he sold, sounds like the G4 box with some new tech and other stuff" was used..

he will also be able to take care of other kits same gurgles, there will be extra fuel needed from kit manufactures fueling or go with his complete G4 system, either idea can work..

as for my impulse he would need Paul to add some extra low end fueling in his ecu since his mod removes a fair bit Down low, since doo runs at such a lean a/f there, once up in Rpms it's fine...

he mentioned he took this thread to heart and wanted it fixed up.. No others have even attempted to fix this

good job redline.. Impulse will be getting this soon

instead of doing one of Daves barn build half ass bull **** fixes why not use a boondocker box on your sled. Boondocker has had it since 2012. When I get home I can load some videos of how spot on the bd box and mapping is or can get 4 or 5 guys to speed for how the bd box is night and day a billion times better then Dave’s ****. Your getting sucked into the same horse **** he tried to feed me. And btw it’s not just the XM 2 guys this week with his Axys both have low end ****ty throttle response and unhappy and his shop Axys has it as does his last year shop 850 and this years shop 850. In the video of the ctec Dave posted it has some pretty horrible fuel mapping going on too. You might think he’s a nice guy but he’s a joke don’t buy into it

mattlynde12

Reaction score
instead of doing one of Daves barn build half ass bull **** fixes why not use a boondocker box on your sled. Boondocker has had it since 2012. When I get home I can load some videos of how spot on the bd box and mapping is or can get 4 or 5 guys to speed for how the bd box is night and day a billion times better then Dave’s ****. Your getting sucked into the same horse **** he tried to feed me. And btw it’s not just the XM 2 guys this week with his Axys both have low end ****ty throttle response and unhappy and his shop Axys has it as does his last year shop 850 and this years shop 850. In the video of the ctec Dave posted it has some pretty horrible fuel mapping going on too. You might think he’s a nice guy but he’s a joke don’t buy into it
Dude u need to get a live. Let's get this thread back on track. Start a new thread ktm.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy man this is starting to sound personal, so what did Dave really say to you that really pissed you off?

And where do you find the time in-between doing oil changes to become so angry?

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just to be clear.....there is no problem with the kits and ktm is full of it, but redline has a solution forthcoming for the problem (that doesnt exist). Got it.

Doesn’t exist but yet I have video of it and how bad it can be. If you hit the throttle to fast it won’t even pull rpm it loads up and goes to 6500-7200 until you clean it out

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy man this is starting to sound personal, so what did Dave really say to you that really pissed you off?

And where do you find the time in-between doing oil changes to become so angry?

its not personal just pissed I wasted money on his crap and listened to his bull****. He can’t complete with the big guys but claims it’s just as good. Go put a set of Dave ramps in your hands and look at them or his fuel lines and rave mod. Go ride one of his kits for a week before you defend it. I have talked to a lot of very u happy people since I have stated to tell ppl how unhappy I am with this crap and may feel the same.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried the BD kit out on my buddy's sled, it was a screamer that rev quick, but went no where.. Was a big disappointment to say the least.. Maybe why your the only guy in Cdn that talks positive about it.. For me your credibility is shot and good luck with you BD

Top Bottom