Recreational Vehicles

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, with sled company’s releasing there 2020 models I have a few questions I’m looking for some answers on. If you are a dealer, would it not make more sense to have all your sleds and recreational vehicles pre-ordered or snow checked? You can’t sell a good used sled right now. We got guys parting out perfectly good sleds to even take a minor loss currently. A high end sxs can run up to $30,000. From a financial standpoint would it not make more sense to put on a real good demo program and have guys place deposits and order? You could gauge your year a little better for sales and service. Sure there are always guys that back out on the odd one. Would this not cut out all the over stocking and plugging up showrooms. It can’t be any fun watching stock collect dust knowing that every week that toy sits there the price is dropping.

Cheers
Chadd

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Chadd, from what I have heard, the snow checks are not the problem (other than the guys that reneg on the deal). The problem is with the supplier (BRP, Polaris, Textron). They make the dealer take a certain number of other models. In the case of BRP, dealers have to take some SP's, Freeride's, Skandic's, Tundra's, etc. that weren't snow checks. At least that is the way the big boys operate. I may be wrong or not up to speed with what happens at the dealers but I have heard that that is the case.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug you are right when both my dad and my father in law had dealerships the manufacturers would increase the amount you took each year by about 20 percent. Puts dealers in a bad situation.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes dealers have a minimum they have to order at once and they have to figure out what they are going to need for the next year.. Its a hard game for the dealers to play. This is why you seen arctic cat have massive discounts a few years back to clear out the old stock for dealers. They found some dealers sitting on machines that were 10 years old or more at several dealers..

Top Bottom