Recovered sled update

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just picked it up an it is in one piece. Missing headlights and choke as far as I can tell at this time. No gas in it but does pull over nice. Track seems a little stiff but does turn. So looks like a couple of parts and a little elbow grease should be as food as new.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TG, my sled was stolen last year and the RC's recovered it last week. Yes it was the Morinville 100k bust where the found it. A few hundred bucks should have her going again, plus 580 to get it back lol

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope the impound yard charged me that. The sled was in insured and usually insurance pays thy cost.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope the impound yard charged me that. The sled was in insured and usually insurance pays thy cost.

regardless, thats still a fkn JOKE, its not your fault your fkn sled was stollen.....FKN impound lot CROOKS!!!!!! Their just as bad as the entire town of "business owners" here in Sylvan Lake lmao ;)

ooops, did I say that aloud...meh who cares!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Just to defend the poor tow truck guy ;he gets a call from the cops to recover stolen goods and store at his yard,this service needs to be paid for,he doesn't care who pays. He's just trying to run a business.
Good deal you got your sled back!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to defend the poor tow truck guy ;he gets a call from the cops to recover stolen goods and store at his yard,this service needs to be paid for,he doesn't care who pays. He's just trying to run a business.

spose ur right yeah :) haha sorry crabby mood

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
300 bucks at Martins now see what we can do getting her going

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When my dad got his sled back from the guy who stole it he also had to pay to tow truck bill but there was also a dirt bike quad and trailer all on there that he had to pay for but wasn't his the guy would only take his sled off if he paid for it all ( but didn't get to have any of the other stuff ) by the way the guy that stole the sled, bike, quad, and trailer only got house arrest and when they left the court house he told my dad he was lucky there were cops here then my dad ended up chasing him and running into the timmys across the street and held the door closed , some abortions should of been aloud haha

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

Ya but the thief that stole it should also have to pay some bucks in the form of a victim services charge which in turn should pay for such an impoundment charge... Isn't that how it works?

Last edited by a moderator:

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole system needs an overhaul if the victem of a crime has to pay to get
his stuf back.That's totol BS.Tow truck has to make a living,yes I agree.
When the culprets go to court it should be automatic that they pay by some
meathod for the things that have been dammaged or stolen.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$580 seems like a lot of money to tow something stolen and store for a week or however long it was.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Like I said,the tow guy doesn't care who pays as long as he gets payed.I agree the poor guy that got his sled stolen shouldn't be the one paying but that's the way our system works.
Ya but the thief that stole it should also have to pay some bucks in the form of a victim services charge which in turn should pay for such an impoundment charge... Isn't that how it works?

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$580 seems like a lot of money to tow something stolen and store for a week or however long it was.

We paid $1100 in towing and a night's storage when our trailer was stolen with a rhino and sled inside. I could have picked it up the same day, but the police needed to open it to make sure there were no dead bodies inside (?!!?) and couldn't get there. So I had to pay for an overnight stay... Sucks ass, but ultimately no one cares and I need my goods back!!

Top Bottom