Recoil Issue

kobylka18

Reaction score
I am having an issue with my recoil on a 2014 pro rmk. The first couple starts of the day are great but once it gets warm the rope is free wheeling in and out and only catches sometime. But if it cools over night it work great till it warms up. Any idea why this would happen? What's the fix?

Thxs

Last edited:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to much heat off the muffler causing the little plastic cogs to stick, when you stop try to open the side panel or vent the panel in the front

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is something you should address before you run it any longer. If the recoil spring comes loose it will catch on the stator and probably wreck both it and the fly wheel. It's a bit of a job to remove the recoil (one bolt in particular), but is relatively easy and cheep fix to do now.

Last edited:

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remove the 2 mag side motor mount bolts and use a bar to slightly lift the engine. this will provide easy access to the bottom 2 recoil bolts.

kobylka18

Reaction score
Thxs for the info guys. I just replaced the battery so I could use the electric start to get me through the weekend. But now I'm back I'll be ripping into it to see what the issue is. thxs again for the tips this will save me some time cursing at sled trying to figure out how it comes apart.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Koby, are you running an after market can?....I dont actually have any insight towards this issue im just curious if a certain can would cause your issue

kobylka18

Reaction score
YA I am running slp ceramic coated can. I am kind of thinking it may because last year I didn't use the recoil at all. And this year my battery was hooped and started using the rope. The dog legs in the recoil might just be gummed up. I'll let you all know what it is when I tear into it.

Top Bottom