Rebuilding shocks

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious to hear feedback from anyone that has rebuilt the stock shocks on a sled. I talked to Ian from monster performance the other day. Seemed like a great guy. For around 600 bucks he will rebuild, revalve, and put new springs on the front shocks; rebuild, and revalve the center shock; and then give me 100 in trade for my rear on a heavier duty freeride shock valved to my specs plus new heavier torsion springs. He says the stock oil and valving sucks and that the springs are way too soft, especially for bigger guys. Im excited to try it out and it seems a lot more cost effective than a set of elkas or raptors.

I remember some guys talking about an enzo from around calgary that does this. Is the cost comparable?

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enzo is about $1100 to do all 4 stock shocks and new torsion springs, and he is much closer if you have any problems or need repairs. I sent my shocks away on a Thursday, picked them up the following Monday at my local bus depot. As far as the shocks go it is a huge improvement over stock, but not as good as the Freeride Pro40s (which need to be revalved for full benefit anyway).

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ian is great to deal with. Pretty knowledgable guy and is is personally, very interested in what he is doing. He's very popular on dootalk with a lot of people out East.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had enzo rebuild my front shocks on an Apex twice (about every 1500-2000kms). Happy, Happy! Can't remember exact pricing, I think it was around $100-150 / shock. That was just a re-build, no internal or spring changes. $600 sounds reasonable for the work your having done.

Top Bottom