Rave cleaning on etecs running the brp synthetic oil

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Was talking with some guys about timing of Rave valve cleaning. Some are religious cleaners doing it every year, others not so much and then you get the group that basis this service interval by the oil used. I am curious if the community has some kind of consensuses on this issue.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guys you know that are cleaning them, I'm curious if they needed to be cleaned?? I've never touched a rave valve since I started owning a doo, and I'm not 100% sure but I think the dealer needs to reset something in the computer after they are worked on as well.

Now my 440 Polaris race sled with the ves, I needed to clean them every two weeks! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do mine every year just as regular routine checks and maintenance. They are always clean. Little shot of brake clean and wipe with a rag. I run Ipone oil, every etec I've taken them out that run Ipone or BRP synthetic the valves are clean, no carbon deposits.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did mine on my 12 with 3600 Kms. They didn't need it. If u take them apart your supposed to sync them. Basically using BUDS and telling the ECM where closed mid and fully open positions are. ( this is after you properly install the link bar which also has a bit of a procedure to ensure both valves open at the same time) oh and don't forget the loctite on the nuts that hold the bar down.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the have t be synced. I have the candoo pro system so it makes it easy for me. no dealer required

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Its nice to hear that others are also a bit more relaxed and let them go for a bit between cleanings

Top Bottom