Ranger 800, Yamaha Viking or Honda pioneer?

3gskidsteer

Reaction score
I'm looking for a sxs for the family I need min 3 full size seats. I'm leaning towards a ranger just because I've rode them a ton but these other 2 have sparked my interest, especially the Honda 700-4. Can anyone give me a recommendation for or against and info would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out Dirt trax online review 2013 Episode 25, that may give you some insight for the pioneer

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the Honda but I would choose the Ranger. I ride with a guy that has a Rhino which can't be to much different then the Viking it's a nice machine but it just isn't nice. It lacks in ride and power and the wet clutch sucks! The rangers ride so much nicer and the clutching is so much better! One thing the ranger does get a hot seat for the passengers when going slow in the mud and trails.

PJ440x

Reaction score
I'm looking for a sxs for the family I need min 3 full size seats. I'm leaning towards a ranger just because I've rode them a ton but these other 2 have sparked my interest, especially the Honda 700-4. Can anyone give me a recommendation for or against and info would be helpful.

I'm actually in the same boat wondering the same thing but what about the new 2014 Kawi Teryx 4? It seems like a good machine they made some decent upgrades from the 13' and the pricing is not too too Crazy.

3gskidsteer

Reaction score
I ended up choosing the Ranger 800 LE wanted the 900 but ended up being $3000 more. I would love to try the Honda just not any around to try same with Yamaha and Kwai. All polaris and can am around here.

TommyTongue

Reaction score
I looked at the vicking at the boat show last weekend.... ITS HUGE!!!!! definitley a farm machine...... The big red is good by Honda it has a real cluth (so I've been told)so can control the wheels better if stuck in mud. and gears too!!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with the Yammi, or get the 900 in the ranger. The 800 is a rattling piece of garbage. We love our 2012 Ranger 800, but for a newer machine it sounds and feels like it is on its last leg. Been that way since new.

PJ440x

Reaction score
I looked at the vicking at the boat show last weekend.... ITS HUGE!!!!! definitley a farm machine...... The big red is good by Honda it has a real cluth (so I've been told)so can control the wheels better if stuck in mud. and gears too!!

Have you been drinking again TommyTongue??? lol

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm actually in the same boat wondering the same thing but what about the new 2014 Kawi Teryx 4? It seems like a good machine they made some decent upgrades from the 13' and the pricing is not too too Crazy.

The T4's are a solid machine, not really any problems with them, the diff lock switch will come in handy sooner or later. We like our '12.

'12 T4

Top Bottom