2-up ATV or SxS UTV?

tinbird

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New member here, first timer looking at getting either an ATV or UTV which will allow the wife and I to use together and also use for hunting, likely the wife wouldn't be going :)d) but would have either my son or a buddy sometimes.
I'm hoping that the combined experience and wealth of knowledge that you good people have can provide me with your input/suggestions i.e. pros/cons about which would be your preference. I realize that everyone is different as well as locations/conditions and of course the final choice is ours to make.
A bit of a background, we're in our mid-50s, she is not interested in driving. The primarily would be running logging roads/trails (almost like roads in this area) and possibly crossing a cut-block to retrieve an animal and haul it out. I don't need lots of speed, likely around 50 kph (30mph).
I'm sizable at 6' 340 lbs, the wife is tiny. My hunting buddy is about the same build as me. My son isn't a large lad.
From what I've looked at for ATV's online, I'm wondering what models would be best suited bearing in mind the worst case scenario of my buddy joining me? In UTV's I'm leaning towards the Viking.
I drive a 1500 Ram 4x4 Hemi shortbox so it looks like a trailer is needed for the UTV and possibly even the ATV unless there is some sort of rig to put in the box to save the end gate. Depending on the recommendations I receive, I'm hoping it narrows down the list somewhat. Then we can go and try out the ones we're interested in with a bit of background knowledge under our belts beforehand.

Thanks,

Tinbird

Last edited:

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the Viking your buddy and your son could come. Room for three. From your description the Viking would suit your needs but you would need a trailer as it wont fit in your truck. I dont think you could haul gear and a friend with you on a quad there just isnt enough room.

Note: "Contents of this forum have been read by the CIA, FBI, IRS, BATF, DHS, NSA, TSA, EPA, BLM, & MSNBC. There is absolutely NO expectation of privacy."

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at a sxs. Can carry lunch a saw and blanket for a picnic

Way more fun than sxs

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had quads went with a sxs won't go back. Doubling on a quad is no fun. Me my wife and step daughter all fit in my 900 ranger with room to spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with a side x side this year, cant believe I waited so long, much more comfortable, can carry much more and still a whole bunch of fun.

Top Bottom