Raising a sled deck

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled deck was built for an 01 dodge, it fit ok in my ford, but the legs are not long enough to fit in my duramax it sits on the box, I dont have access to a big shop or alot of tools, so I am wondering what you guys have done to shim your decks up to fit in different trucks. I am looking for something temperary but attached to the deck as I put it in and take it out on a regular basis. I need to gain about 2 inches. I thought about using square tubing and drilling holes in it then running a hose clamp through the sqaure tubing and around the legs as my deck has horizontal sgaure tubing as the base, but my concern is breaking a hose clamp and the deck slipping off and crushing the top of the box. So any ideas or thing that have worked for you in the past, Thanks

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pressure treated 4 pcs 2x4 x 5" long just bolt right through, i did that because i had box rails, worked good, you should have wood between the feet and the box anyways

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I do because I have the same issue with my Marathon and Chevy, is put a short 2X4 or 2X6 with a hole drilled in it. Has worked well for many years and gives the 1.5" lift you need. If you need an actual 2", use rough sawed boards. They are a true 2" prior to plaining.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I origianlly wanted to stay away from using wood, but it might be quick and easy. Did you guys attch the wood to your deck, I might just put a box end bolt in it so there is no chance of it sliding out, dont want to drill holes through my deck, kinda picky. lol

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I origianlly wanted to stay away from using wood, but it might be quick and easy. Did you guys attch the wood to your deck, I might just put a box end bolt in it so there is no chance of it sliding out, dont want to drill holes through my deck, kinda picky. lol
Nope, just one hole to throw the bolt through the truck box. The wood will be sandwiched between once tightened and away you go.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My deck was a custom build and it was made so is dont bolt it to the box as I would have to alwas climb under the truck to remove it, I chain the deck down.

Nope, just one hole to throw the bolt through the truck box. The wood will be sandwiched between once tightened and away you go.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help, I just ended up using 2x4 wood blocks thats all I needed, worked good all winter.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My deck was a custom build and it was made so is dont bolt it to the box as I would have to alwas climb under the truck to remove it, I chain the deck down.

Do you chain it down to the inside box hooks? I always wondered what those would hold if things went bad.

Top Bottom