Racers Edge, K-MOD or Ez Ryde???

Scottspence

Reaction score
Cant seem to make a decision on which suspension to go with....thought I was sold on Racers Edge; I was then told that the new EZ Ryde is the way to go. Any advise will help. Trying to keep the front end down and eliminate trenching. Cheers

2014 Polaris Pro 800
Boost It turbo
163 3"

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my Kmod with raptors...ride is amazing and ski lift control is very good...t was easy to setup also

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't really think you can go wrong with any of them but to support Canadian, buy in cdn $ and have localish support I'd go with racers edge

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure when Boost It builds their own sleds, they use the Baker skid. I have one in my BB XP and definitely works as advertised.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If all you want to do is keep the front end down, just install a Zbroz KISS coupler in the rear suspension. Cheap and effective. I put one in my 14 t-Pro. works good.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you are looking for?

Climbing or plush ride or something else?

I know the Racer's Edge will keep the sled nose down so you can climb and Daryl does work with his customers to make sure it is right. The E-Zed ride :d is a design I am not completely sold on. K-Mod, not sure but guys really seem to like it.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had great luck with the baker (racers edge) and boost. Would go that way again if i build another turbo.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I have 1 Kmod and a Racers Edge. A riding buddy had an Ezryde for 2 years. Here is the skinny. Non biased.
Racers edge w/Raptors-Best quality workmanship, when climbing it keeps the skis down nicely. If you are looking to keep the front end down and eliminste trenching then this is the skid for you. On long climbs I find myself staring at the skis just off the snow and the skis just hang there like there is some magical force keeping them at the same distance off of the snow. Boondocking it makes the sled predictable and in control. On a bumpy trail it makes the ride home it makes it a piece of cake.
Kmod w/raptors-Good quality. It's not built as skookum as RE. It doesn't keep the skis down as good as the RE. It is an absolute dream ride on the whooped out trail home. Your buddies will be whinin' and snivellin' about the trail and their sore bodies and you will be like, WTF are you talking about? I'm not even joking, it's that good on the trail. Unfortunately, trail in and out is only about 1% of my riding. I like to climb so I ride RE and my Kmod is for sale. Check out the classifieds. I sucked at returning pm's. It's not personal.
Ezryde-Junk. It breaks a lot. We named it EZBREAK. It does keep the skis down but the breakdowns are too much of a pita. I don't know if it's a geometry thing or what is happening. There are no Ezrydes in our group anymore.
That is what I have experienced so good luck with your decision. It will cost between $2150 to $5,000 cdn for a controllable, good quality suspension. Well worth it IMO.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Racers Edge and boost are a match made in heaven. I have heard the EZ Rydes break as well. I don't have an opinion on K Mod.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happened to the timber sled skid? Don't hear much about it any more. Did polaris stop production or are they going to start putting it there sleds?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a high end Timber sled skid for xp - xm 174 if anyone is interested ? Won't work in T3 .

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had an ez-ryde for few years, no problems with it so far, works good on whooped out trail but does not keep the front end down while climbing, I call it the wheelie ride. I would like to upgrade to a RE with b-motion one day.

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my Kmod ... I jump, climb, ride the trees, and at the end of the day when the trail is best to crap I can ride sitting down

Last edited:

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
69de0eda85d787a225f91639fd8ae731.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the Baker skids I have had (and still have). Plus like someone said, Daryl is in Canada, and a super helpful great guy. I wouldnt look anywhere else. The thing I like most about the RE is that you can set it up however you want. I still want my sled to be playful so I have mine set up to lift the skis when I really want it to. Or if you want to go shoot climbing you can do that with a few changes.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a kmod with raptors on a T pro the ride is unreal I always sit down on the ride down even on trails that never get groomed my buddies with stock suspension have to stop often. As for climbing the steep stuff I wish it could keep the skis down a bit better.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Ez Ryde a few years back. Ride was no better than stock. I couldn't keep cross shafts in the rear shock mount until I machined a heavier one. Bushings took a beating in the skid and required replacement every 750-1000 miles. Wouldn't go back to one.

As years have gone by and I've tried so many different pieces, I find that I've been coming back more and more to stuff which is close to or based off production level parts. They just seem to last longer, and are easier/cheaper to get parts for in the event something goes sideways.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two thumbs up for Racer's Edge! As mentioned Daryl stands behind his product which works extremely well. He is also the only one on the list of options who will help you out in Revy and go out of his way to keep you riding. No brainer, no exchange rate....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Ez Ryde a few years back. Ride was no better than stock. I couldn't keep cross shafts in the rear shock mount until I machined a heavier one. Bushings took a beating in the skid and required replacement every 750-1000 miles. Wouldn't go back to one.

As years have gone by and I've tried so many different pieces, I find that I've been coming back more and more to stuff which is close to or based off production level parts. They just seem to last longer, and are easier/cheaper to get parts for in the event something goes sideways.

^^^^ this...

stock with stage 5 elkas kept the skies down on 5-6lbs

Top Bottom