R sledding Trails open to ATV use?

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of heading to BC in August and was wondering if Some sledding trails are open to Quads in summer. Interested in going up to Blue Lake area and either Gorman or Silvermines area near Golden. Just wondering if its allowed.

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, this isn't related to BC, or Alberta for that matter, but I do know North of Winnipeg near Grand Beach, the Snowmobile Trails are not open to ATV's (Quads), Dirt Bikes, or Buggies. There reason is that they create too big of Ruts, in the trail making it un-useable to Sleds.
I find this to be very true! Although, I am both a Sleder and a Quader!

What are your opinions on this? Is It Fair? I think it's very fair, the sledders pay there dues to keep the trails groomed, they don't need ATVers recking the trails... although as an ATVer, Our riding areas are slowly going down and down...

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
This is a tough subject to discuss without offending someone! In the winter I have driven my sled on trails that quads have chewed up and it's no fun.
I guess every group needs to respect the signs that are posted. If it says no quads, respect it. Just the same if it says no trespassing...sledders and quads should stay off. By breaking the rules and offending land owners and the gov't we run the risk of losing even more access to land we want to use.
As far as quad and sleds sharing the same trials, in the winter its tough because of the ruts the quads leave. In the summer many of the sled trails are open to quads.

Well, this isn't related to BC, or Alberta for that matter, but I do know North of Winnipeg near Grand Beach, the Snowmobile Trails are not open to ATV's (Quads), Dirt Bikes, or Buggies. There reason is that they create too big of Ruts, in the trail making it un-useable to Sleds.
I find this to be very true! Although, I am both a Sleder and a Quader!

What are your opinions on this? Is It Fair? I think it's very fair, the sledders pay there dues to keep the trails groomed, they don't need ATVers recking the trails... although as an ATVer, Our riding areas are slowly going down and down...

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a tough subject to discuss without offending someone! In the winter I have driven my sled on trails that quads have chewed up and it's no fun.
I guess every group needs to respect the signs that are posted. If it says no quads, respect it. Just the same if it says no trespassing...sledders and quads should stay off. By breaking the rules and offending land owners and the gov't we run the risk of losing even more access to land we want to use.
As far as quad and sleds sharing the same trials, in the winter its tough because of the ruts the quads leave. In the summer many of the sled trails are open to quads.

Well Said SledBunny!!

K

Keehner

The Blue Lake trail in Sicamous is not advertized to ATV ers., but we do do guided tours up there, or go up in the Summer to do maint. and cut fire wood.
Same trail as Owl Head cabin and Queest. As far as the ruts ruining the trail for sledders. It's never been an issue. We generally get enough snow here by mid November.

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
extremegriz I would love to see silvermines in the summer do you think the long terrain trap getting in would look as bad in the summer. I you can get pictures and post them. Silvermines is the reason that my wife likes me to go on guys trips to scout out new areas. I took 3 families and kids there ( my first time to this place on a recommendation from some one that it was a great area)and after crossing the trap my wife and other people dug in her heals and refused to proceed so they stayed at the cabin and a couple of us went to see the rest of the area and it is great and the worst was behind us but they would not go any further. I was told that if this ever happens again my voice will be a lot higher. :sadbanana:

Top Bottom