Quartz Creek 2013/14

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy I give up. Haha.
I'd like to ride Wed Mar 26th if anyone else is up for it?

powderbound

Reaction score
I was thinking of heading down this Saturday April 12 and I am looking for an update of the trail conditions, I have never been to Quartz but would like to give it a go. I know the warm temps have softened up the trail head at the lot and for a ways up, but has anyone got some up to date news on the condition of the lot? The reason I ask is that I don't want to ride on gravel from the trailer to the trail head?? Thanks

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of heading down this Saturday April 12 and I am looking for an update of the trail conditions, I have never been to Quartz but would like to give it a go. I know the warm temps have softened up the trail head at the lot and for a ways up, but has anyone got some up to date news on the condition of the lot? The reason I ask is that I don't want to ride on gravel from the trailer to the trail head?? Thanks

There will likely be some gravel showing up on the lower sections of the road, depending on how much rain they get and how high the freezing level rises overnight. I'd be more worried about the avy risk if it rains up top than how much gravel on the road though.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there kids,

Parking lot was dry and bare on the 12th, and the trail had 100% snow coverage right down to the shack. Gorman you are parking at the first lot (3km?) with snow right down. It's showing some bare spots for the first few kms then is fantastic the rest of the way up. Whoever groomed that on Saturday night did a kickazz job!

IMG_1145.jpg IMG_1156.jpg IMG_1181.jpg IMG_1349.jpg

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Parking lot is bare. Snow starts at toll booth. Rained like crazy today. Fresh up top though. But trail out was really slushy and soft
Heard they are done grooming for the year

Mendelbaum

Reaction score
Rode there on the 4th. Parking lot bare but snow started right at the shack. Trail up was great. It was still snowing up top when we left late in the afternoon. Only saw 3 other small groups. Not sure how warm it was up there this past week.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow is receeding fast in these parts, while I havent been to quartz, I'm parking 3.5km up the trail and dropping sled on thin snow. yes we have a few bare patches, but up top was great.

however ...

this week is really gunna warm up, freezing levels to 3000m with rain aint gunna do us a favour.

The next avy cycle is about to start, and this one is going to be ugly !!!

Top Bottom