Pteck can on an ETEC?

martincc

Reaction score
any way I can retrofit my old can from my 08 800r xp to my 2011 800 etec? I love the sound of this can, but there is zero info on it. (sled was bought used). Anyone drill and tap a hole for the temp probe?

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say no because it took everyone who builds cans while to get figured out I know the mbrp look way different on the etec then the ptek and they sound just as good it would be alot easier just to buy a can for etec

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
etec has an exhaust sensor that threads into the etec cans. and its a completely different concept on the engine which means new design of cans.

if you welded a bung onto your ptek can for the sensor i bet it would loose hp and throw engine codes like no other

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As slednecks11 and maxwell have stated, It's better to just dish out the dough for the can built for the ETEC. Maybe if you post up a picture of the can, we can tell you what make the can is.

martincc

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Picked up a TSS can made for the etec. My old one was flat black and so is this new one from TSS.. Hopefully its the same. Thanks for the info!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Picked up a TSS can made for the etec. My old one was flat black and so is this new one from TSS.. Hopefully its the same. Thanks for the info!

Have heard a few with the tss can on it. You're gonna love it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Top Bottom