Project management course

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the course? Was looking at the Nait courses. All thoughts welcome.

Thanks

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily trying to be more marketable as an employee.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PMP can be valuable in a job search, random courses aren’t. I took a couple of those courses years ago through work they were good.

The data analytics certificate is a good option too, lots of opportunities in proper use of data going forward, I’m considering doing that course part time.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the course? Was looking at the Nait courses. All thoughts welcome.

Thanks
I have taken the course and it is the type of course that you get out what you put in. I personally benefitted from it and still use many aspects of it today. I do have a trade so it also qualifies for the blue seal. The one thing I didn't like was the group project, it turned out ok for me but with any group project it can be a gamble. I do know some were not to happy.

Last edited:

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have taken the course and it is the type of course that you get out what you put in. I personally benefitted from it and still use many aspects of it today. I do have a trade so it also quality's for the blue seal. The one thing I didn't like was the group project, it turned out ok for me but with any group project it can be a gamble. I do know some were not to happy.

That was one thing that I liked about taking my PM Course online through Mount Royal. It was completely independent. There were deadlines for all of the modules and test. All students had to participate in the group chats and discutions, but there was no group project and you didn't have to rely on anyone else. The material was great and the online student portal was well thought out and easy to navigate.

I would highly suggest Mount Royal if you are going to go ahead with the course online rather than in person.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Mountainguy. I took a project management course over twenty years ago. (It was 3 Days back then) To this day I use what I learned in that course every day. Even in community or large family events. Course Content: Plan and Communicate.
I have taken the course and it is the type of course that you get out what you put in. I personally benefitted from it and still use many aspects of it today. I do have a trade so it also quality's for the blue seal. The one thing I didn't like was the group project, it turned out ok for me but with any group project it can be a gamble. I do know some were not to happy.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a two day pmp prep/prerequisite through work, never did continue with pursuing it but may revisit it in the future. Currently I’m working on my Mmp (Maintenance Management professional) through northern lakes college. Great course if you work in the maintenance realm, leave with a certification and qualifies you for your blue seal.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I am signed up for the MMP course overview presentation tomorrow evening. This course looks like it would be ideal for what I do right now but still think I may be better served with the PMP program. I’m looking to diversify and possibly move into a different career.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I am signed up for the MMP course overview presentation tomorrow evening. This course looks like it would be ideal for what I do right now but still think I may be better served with the PMP program. I’m looking to diversify and possibly move into a different career.
Have a look on https://www.pemac.org/ for more info on the MMP. Check out the asset management program as well, A lot of municipalities are moving towards certified asset management professionals in the near future.

Top Bottom