pro rmk throttle

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago my throttle came loose from a bit of a rough bump. When I tighten the allen screw underneath I can tighten up the throttle but not back to factory. If I go too tight the throttle gets really sticky and wont return to neutral position and itll idle high.

Any suggestions on how to get my throttle to quit moving around?

Luvinit

Reaction score
I actually loosen that screw so it will move around, lets me always be grabbing it in the right position whether I,m standing , sitting, climbing, flailing, whatever. Also some give to it when you do hit a bump, won,t snap off the plastic so easy. Try it, just takes getting used to.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also ride with mine just a little loose. If you tighten it and the sled idles high you need to take it apart. If not you could end up with a wide open throttle surprise. Had a friend almost wreck himself and his sled. There is another recent thread exposing this. Have a look for it.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I smashed mine (throttling off a small
Cornice and didnt see the hole at the bottom) and loosened it too. You have to take off the outside casing and snap the inside back together. Then re place the casing, re-tighten the set screw to desired looseness and go. If you don't, your idle will be off and your sled may take off on you. Wear your tether :)

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya ive experienced the sticky throttle and my tether decided not to work this year. Gonna see if I can get a replacement

R

Ryan Verrecchia

Open the throttle cable and spray it gets stiff from corrosion and what not

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine did this a month ago. Loosen the allen screw, then take the four screws off the side on the throttle. Take a pair of water pump pliers and squeeze the clip together on the front of the throttle. Put screws back in and tighten allen screw. That should do it!!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After you fix it, take dab of Goop glue or silicon sealant and smear it on the lead slug on t upper cable end, gluing it into the throttle block flipper so it can't fall out at -25 C. This is usually when your throttle cable will freeze and come loose. Believe me when it is that cold it is a task to seat it back into the flipper. Oh yah that's when you need a tether too.

Bergler

Reaction score
Once it starts doing this it will get worse. There is a upper plastic piece and a lower one (has the allen screw in it). The lower piece slides into the upper. When you hit bumps, jumps etc these will become separated and your throttle will become loose. If you try to tighten it without tearing it apart and putting it back together properly, the throttle will stick and will not return to minimum.

IMG_4689.jpg

There is a bunch of aftermarket throttle blocks out there. I just ordered the one from CR racing and will give it a try. I can let you know how/ or if i like it.

Here is the CR racing throttle assembly

throttleblock3.jpg

Last edited:

Bergler

Reaction score
Your thinking of the TSS. I took it out and zip tied the button down. Tape it up, water proof it. Tuck it under the hood.

Some after market throttle assembly have them built in.

People have different opinions on taking it out. I have not had a issue with sticking wide open throttle. It does build up snow and stick open a bit. But not wide open. Also I always wear my tether.

Sent from my iPhone using

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo tried aluminum throttle blocks a couple of years but went back to plastic as too much snow sticks to aluminum and causes the throttle to get stuck on.

Top Bottom