Primary setting for mcbride

p.summit

Reaction score
I have a 2008 summit xp. its my first time riding it this machine in the mountains. Any other tips i should look into before my trip?

doo-guy

Reaction score
Throw a set of quick clickers on the primary, it makes the adjustments so easy on the hill.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 summit xp. its my first time riding it this machine in the mountains. Any other tips i should look into before my trip?
other tips and the most important one is make sure you have, beacon, probe, shovel, and go with people that know area and have some avy training. How the sled runs can be dealt with as you go. Avy knowledge and gear must be done before you go..

p.summit

Reaction score
when setting the primary for RPMs should it be while climbing or normal riding. It seemed that wherever number i set it at the RPMs were around the 8500-9000 range. maybe my primary needs to be rebuilt. Its a 08 xp no mods i ride edmonton area at #2 and rode Mcbride at #4,5,6 i even tryed 3. no change for the RPMs. how much does temp play in setting.

dsenych

Reaction score
I have an 08 xp and I have to run around Edmonton on 1. I have had mine on 2 around here and the RPM was way to high, but going to 1 made a huge difference. Mc Bride I run on 4.

p.summit

Reaction score
I was running #4 the first day at mcbride seemed ok, the second day it was colder and on#4 it was reving at 8500-9000. I tryed 5 and even 6 and no change. I would change the setting then take a pull on the hill, 3/4 throttle was around the 7800 then to the bar was 8500-9000.Is it safe to run it as long as i keep the rpms around the 7900 range?

Top Bottom