power commander 3

jazzman

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 09 700 grizz with the power commander 3. I can't set it. I depress the three bottons when I power it up and the light just stays at the bottom. It must have went into a default mode because it burns fuel like crazy, so I pulled it out this afternoon. I went on line but that was not much help. I will try to call tomorrow. I though I would ask to see if anyone has had anything like this happen. Thanks.:confused:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guy I ride with a guy who had a HMF fuel controller and it did the same thing. He ended up buying a new one.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a PClll before on a different quad. Are you using the 9V to plug into it? You need the 9V to use the face plate buttons. The PClll's where nice for that user interface but the battery was one of the reasons it was opted out when they made the PC-V.

re-download the map you where running and see if this fixes your problem, use the faceplates with the battery to do general tuning, but it should be mapped with an o2 sniffer, as the PClll doesn't accept the Auto-Tune.

Depending how long you had your PClll for you can probably call them up and they can replace it under warranty. I haven't had to call Dynojet about any of their prodicts but my friend had an HMF programmer and got it replaced after owning it for 3 months. Same problem you had.

jazzman

Reaction score
Thanks quadboy 55 i have tried everything you have suggested but it just will not work. I tried a new 9v battery after the first time I tried to reprogram it I lost all the lights. I have not had a chance to call yet but will try tomorrow.:beer:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks quadboy 55 i have tried everything you have suggested but it just will not work. I tried a new 9v battery after the first time I tried to reprogram it I lost all the lights. I have not had a chance to call yet but will try tomorrow.:beer:

Alright, best of luck to you, hope this gets solved. If not then just upgrade to a powercommander 5. Much better unit, and auto-tune is a life saver. Planning to throw one on my quad here soon.

Sent from my white iPhone 4

jazzman

Reaction score
Thanks done and done new batteries tried my other lap top. the light was stuck on the bottom and after the 1st reprogram attempt I have nothing no lights.

Top Bottom