Post pics of your house build

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Retodd, looks like 2 days work just building headers!!!! Looks good.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that the lawyer has decided our plan of action, I can finally get excited about our build again. We had to redo everything the first framer touched. Only one window that was roughed in was right. Had to level and true walkout walls as they were taller than the cement walls. Redid LVL beams and fixed ALL the floor trusses.

This is just one example of the first guys work. First four floor trusses out by 7/16":eek:

Trusses.jpg

This mess was done by a fellow Snow and Mud member. :realmad:

If you see this truck working on your house, be afraid, very afraid!!!

Original-Framer-1.jpg

He has a 403 number, but is from the Edmonton area.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now for the good news. New framing crew has fixed all the mistakes and has been moving forward. The two month delay and the HUGE hit to the budget was hard on the nerves, but should have it weatherproofed mid november!!:d

Walkout walls frinished and sub floor on.

Oct-23-walkout-walls-S.jpg

Oct-23-Garage-wall.jpg

Walls starting to take shape

Oct-29-walkout.jpg

Oct-29-looking-east.jpg

Feature window wall in great room.

Oct-30-Feature-wall.jpg

Roof Trusses

Nov-2-Roof-trusses.jpg

Roof sheating is on, and rough in plumbing done in basement floor. Windows and doors this week. Shingles loaded this week and installed on the 15th. Rough in electrical starting this week. Finally some real progress.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These guys are good. They work a long day and get chit done...that is only three days on the job.

It's only a two man crew working on mine, but with the zoom boom it's like having a third guy.:d

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
It's only a two man crew working on mine, but with the zoom boom it's like having a third guy.:d

That is a terrible story...I can imagine the stress you must have been under...until you build you do not know how it becomes all you think of.

That type of blatant incompetence is what you hope to avoid during the project...and from a fellow S&Mer...shame him for phucking with peoples lives. :realmad::rant::mad::nono:

What is the company name...I wanna make sure he never gets close to anything I'm doing.

cokedu

Reaction score
002.jpg

004.jpg

023.jpg

July 2 2010 020.jpg

009.jpg

018.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg
We had SandyRidge Construction from Salmon Arm bc do our build, best experience ever, they are amazing!! We started digging June 8 and moved in Oct 8!! They are also amazing at their other business, Top Secret Performance, Thanks Micku's!!!

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
That is great to hear...house looks amazing...post some completed pics if you have them.

View attachment 69401
We had SandyRidge Construction from Salmon Arm bc do our build, best experience ever, they are amazing!! We started digging June 8 and moved in Oct 8!! They are also amazing at their other business, Top Secret Performance, Thanks Micku's!!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a terrible story...I can imagine the stress you must have been under...until you build you do not know how it becomes all you think of.

That type of blatant incompetence is what you hope to avoid during the project...and from a fellow S&Mer...shame him for phucking with peoples lives. :realmad::rant::mad::nono:

What is the company name...I wanna make sure he never gets close to anything I'm doing.

Ya that is brutal. I know exactly who it is. I know exactly how you feel though Uturn, dealt with a TON of incompetent trades. Beyond frustrating in everyway, don't know how they stay in business.

Last edited:

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man, I started in june and I'll be happy to be in by the end of Jan.
Did get messed up by a few of the subs, but overall still happy. Here's a few pics of how it sitting today. Hoping the shingle siding is done by the end of the month

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 367

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
22 days since breaking ground. Check out the ceiling height in the garage, almost 13 feet:)

Attachments

• IMG_2164.jpg
    IMG_2164.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 335

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Man, I started in june and I'll be happy to be in by the end of Jan.
Did get messed up by a few of the subs, but overall still happy. Here's a few pics of how it sitting today. Hoping the shingle siding is done by the end of the month

22 days since breaking ground. Check out the ceiling height in the garage, almost 13 feet:)

Looks great gents...nice homes!!! Keep posting updates, great to see progress on projects other then your own!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy8, looks alot like mine!!! 13'-6" height in the garage and very similiar walkout.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Retodd,
Why are they spaced so close together? Plan on building a concrete bunker up there?

Top Bottom