Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Could go for a hot tub this eve!!!!!!! :d:d:d:d

cam 5.jpg

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like your design. Are you automating the home as well? I'm also an electrical contractor and have done some pretty cool stuff in a few houses. Full security with cameras touch screens full lighting HVAC and audio control. Possibilities are endless. I use HAI for all my home automation.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
I like your design. Are you automating the home as well? I'm also an electrical contractor and have done some pretty cool stuff in a few houses. Full security with cameras touch screens full lighting HVAC and audio control. Possibilities are endless. I use HAI for all my home automation.

Thanks...going to stop the project late Feb and do ALL the AV, security and home automation myself. I want it done right :d

You only did a 125A service to that monster? And how come the conduits were not set in the foundation?

Nope 150A. OK...conduit to the home...never thought of that...you are talking the service feeds right?

Last edited:

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website

Looking into HAI now...thanks for the tip!!!!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good call. I found Costco online to have the best deals for long HDMI cables. I have all my equipment in my den all with a HDMI going to my living room
Tv for a clean look. Also have a IR repeater for switching components from the living
Room. My whole home audio has a central amp with 8 zones. 6 iPod (inputs) 8 volume controls and 8 sets of speakers. The volume control and dock station are cat5e but what I did was loop all speaker wire through your volume control just for future incase you change equipment. Going back to my main tv I ran 2 HDMI cables FTE rated having one as a spare. My 4 cameras go back to a recorder and are viewable through the touch screen at my front door. Or you can watch them on your tv and also through your computer or iPhone.

In the basement I have recessed directional Polk audio speakers and center channel for built in 7.1 surround and did the same in living room with 5.1. You can run a rg6 coax for a sub woofer cable.

I did hydronic infloor heat in slab of basement and garage and did electric in floor heat in
all bathrooms and also in kitchen. If I was smarter I would if piped my driveway too. 1diot!!

Hope this helps. Not surevwhat your background is in this field. Technology is always advancing and not hard to fall behind.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Good call. I found Costco online to have the best deals for long HDMI cables. I have all my equipment in my den all with a HDMI going to my living room
Tv for a clean look. Also have a IR repeater for switching components from the living
Room. My whole home audio has a central amp with 8 zones. 6 iPod (inputs) 8 volume controls and 8 sets of speakers. The volume control and dock station are cat5e but what I did was loop all speaker wire through your volume control just for future incase you change equipment. Going back to my main tv I ran 2 HDMI cables FTE rated having one as a spare. My 4 cameras go back to a recorder and are viewable through the touch screen at my front door. Or you can watch them on your tv and also through your computer or iPhone.

In the basement I have recessed directional Polk audio speakers and center channel for built in 7.1 surround and did the same in living room with 5.1. You can run a rg6 coax for a sub woofer cable.

I did hydronic infloor heat in slab of basement and garage and did electric in floor heat in
all bathrooms and also in kitchen. If I was smarter I would if piped my driveway too. 1diot!!

Hope this helps. Not surevwhat your background is in this field. Technology is always advancing and not hard to fall behind.

I'm trying to engineer all my equipment in a 19inch rack in the mechanical room. Distance does pose issues, I'm installing 1.5" conduit to key locations...don't know where to start, but I'm looking forward to ciphering it out. Looked at some very $$ showhomes not too impressed...gonna do it myself....might take a little longer but I can stop the project whenever I need to as we are building it ourselves with the assistance of a "project manager" whom has 33 years of custom builds in Edmonton.

Input is always appreciated. :d

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 2 av cabinets. They are leviton 40" or 42" on the left I have my tel coming into the block and on the bottom is the amp for the whole home audio. The right side cabinet is where all the security and automation come in.

9227d30e.jpg

I knew I was using satellite so I preran 2 runs of coax to den receiver 2 to basement media center and 2 to the media cabinet all
Directly from the roof where I figured dish would be. I also ran 2 coax and 2 cat 5e from both shaw and Telus service entrance boxes beside meter. Then I ran 1-2 coax to 1-2 locations of each other bedroom. So I have
Satellite and cable tv covered with minimal switching and splitting to my main HD areas and not having to have some bell
Technician drill holes in my house everywhere. It's smart to
Run a conduit from panel/cabinet location to attic in traditional style homes. I'm not sure what you have for attic.

I had a company called Multivista come and do photoshoota of every square inch of my 3 houses I was working on. Hvac elect plumbing. Everything is shot Ao at anytime I can login and view specific items to trace wires pipes check
For backing whatever the case. It's pretty neet. You can check it out anytime. Go to Multivista user name Matt password Ulliac and check it out. Saved me a few bucks finding little screw ups and what not at later dates.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 2 av cabinets. They are leviton 40" or 42" on the left I have my tel coming into the block and on the bottom is the amp for the whole home audio. The right side cabinet is where all the security and automation come in.

9227d30e.jpg

I knew I was using satellite so I preran 2 runs of coax to den receiver 2 to basement media center and 2 to the media cabinet all
Directly from the roof where I figured dish would be. I also ran 2 coax and 2 cat 5e from both shaw and Telus service entrance boxes beside meter. Then I ran 1-2 coax to 1-2 locations of each other bedroom. So I have
Satellite and cable tv covered with minimal switching and splitting to my main HD areas and not having to have some bell
Technician drill holes in my house everywhere. It's smart to
Run a conduit from panel/cabinet location to attic in traditional style homes. I'm not sure what you have for attic.

I had a company called Multivista come and do photoshoota of every square inch of my 3 houses I was working on. Hvac elect plumbing. Everything is shot Ao at anytime I can login and view specific items to trace wires pipes check
For backing whatever the case. It's pretty neet. You can check it out anytime. Go to Multivista user name Matt password Ulliac and check it out. Saved me a few bucks finding little screw ups and what not at later dates.

wtf you got black and blue wires in the same box doesnt look good at all :nono::nono:

great looking work for a nucks fan :beer::beer:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool. not sure if we've directly met but if not I have met some of your family and there riding group.

Were you at area51 just before new years? the day the casman boys were pulling the sled out? Seen an 'Ulliac' trailer there.

Anyways not gonna rob this thread. your house pics are beautiful.

I'm startin basement development soon so ill be checkin in on this thread ;) thanks everyone

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool. not sure if we've directly met but if not I have met some of your family and there riding group.

Were you at area51 just before new years? the day the casman boys were pulling the sled out? Seen an 'Ulliac' trailer there.

Anyways not gonna rob this thread. your house pics are beautiful.

I'm startin basement development soon so ill be checkin in on this thread ;) thanks everyone

Yea I was with norm and jeff from casman My truck has Ulliac on it. Which i got stuck
Trying to recover norms sled. There is still a couple ulliacs left in fort Mac.

Keep us posted on your build!

saskboy

Reaction score
Houses are all looking good! cant wait to start our build in the spring. On the topic of home automation....... is anyone using "control 4" to manage there audio/visual/lights etc?? looking into it and I like the idea but from what I understand its dealer install only, I would like something I can do myself that is very similar to control 4 (with the touch screens and control for endless accessories)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Houses are all looking good! cant wait to start our build in the spring. On the topic of home automation....... is anyone using "control 4" to manage there audio/visual/lights etc?? looking into it and I like the idea but from what I understand its dealer install only, I would like something I can do myself that is very similar to control 4 (with the touch screens and control for endless accessories)

never heard of "control 4". There are many different control systems out there though, from AMX & Crestron, to the Pixie Pro's and the Russound. I would suggest the Russound for your home.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put control4 in my house. my co-worker has a more indepth set up than my own (currently) .. i only have audio video set up at this time.. its very expensive!!

you could run all your own wiring n such but the components, install and programming would need to be done by a dealer most certainly.

not sure what else is out there honestly

Top Bottom