Post pics of your house build

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at temp heat for the basement work. One propane place quoted me $2200 for 500 gallon tank and 125k btu heater, delivery, etc. This would supply heat for 7 days, then another $1000 to refill it. Seemed a touch steep to me!!

Any other ideas out there?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at temp heat for the basement work. One propane place quoted me $2200 for 500 gallon tank and 125k btu heater, delivery, etc. This would supply heat for 7 days, then another $1000 to refill it. Seemed a touch steep to me!!

We used them for fire training propane and gave us a good price.

Stony Propane Ltd

Phone(780) 968-3002
(888) 909-3002 Address :
4312 44 Ave, Stony Plain, AB T7Z1J3

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow that is insane. Did you ask them if they included some crack they are on with that price?

Got our own heater, but IIRC renting the tank was only like $150 for a month and refill wasn't more then about $150. I can't remember the exact size of the tank, it was a 150 gallon I think.

But if it's only the basement why are you going so big? That tank lasted a long time heating 4000 sq/ft of house.

And, you can buy a decent size heater at princess auto for $200-600ish depending on size.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
House isn't insulated, and I need to get the frost out of the ground so I can finish packing the clay and spreading the washed rock.

I am looking at an indirect diesel heater, some ducting and tarps to reduce the amount of heat, but it is still expensive to run(~3 gal diesel/ hour).

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
House isn't insulated, and I need to get the frost out of the ground so I can finish packing the clay and spreading the washed rock.

I am looking at an indirect diesel heater, some ducting and tarps to reduce the amount of heat, but it is still expensive to run(~3 gal diesel/ hour).

That sounds high for fuel, had one to heat the ground for a 56x40 shop and it would only burn like 40ish liters a day I think it was. And the rental, was like 300ish a day? They will heat the ground up QUICK though, doesn't take very long. If your heating the ground, those are the way to go, not a propane heater.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

have ya priced out glycol lines???

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Speaking of heat I finally signed a HVAC contractor...one whom will do what I want not what they think I need or are trying to sell.

Once ATCO get's thier chit together, should be today, and EPCOR follows in behind we will be firing up the boiler to slowly heat the basement slab...then the temporary furnace...need heat for the Spray Foam contractor. SLOWLY coming together!!! :beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of heat I finally signed a HVAC contractor...one whom will do what I want not what they think I need or are trying to sell.

Once ATCO get's thier chit together, should be today, and EPCOR follows in behind we will be firing up the boiler to slowly heat the basement slab...then the temporary furnace...need heat for the Spray Foam contractor. SLOWLY coming together!!! :beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

Looks like you've past me!!!:d

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds high for fuel, had one to heat the ground for a 56x40 shop and it would only burn like 40ish liters a day I think it was. And the rental, was like 300ish a day? They will heat the ground up QUICK though, doesn't take very long. If your heating the ground, those are the way to go, not a propane heater.

Any idea who rents these?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Gas in (construction furnace running), power meter tomorrow, both fibre and copper to the pole...ultra high-speed p0rn!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

IMG00286-20110112-1219.jpg

IMG00287-20110112-1219.jpg

IMG00285-20110112-1218.jpg

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK ill bite.. nice work guys.. I build custom/spec homes for a living. heres the house I built for myself this past yr.
master bedroom
e322880b.jpg

ensuite 1
433af56b.jpg

ensuite 2
77542f08.jpg

kitchen
1fa2f3a9.jpg

pool
ab00220c.jpg

deck/railing
DSC_0649.jpg

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
OK ill bite.. nice work guys.. I build custom/spec homes for a living. heres the house I built for myself this past yr.

Awesome shack man...not a trick...nothing to bite :d

I think four or five of us are in the middle of building...this thread just shows progress...chats about "how'd" ya do that part etc.

Cheers.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome shack man...not a trick...nothing to bite :d

I think four or five of us are in the middle of building...this thread just shows progress...chats about "how'd" ya do that part etc.

Cheers.

well if you ever need advise on anything, ill do my best to help ya out. and thanks!!!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mattiac, Nice house, love the view. Sent you a PM about your tub.

Top Bottom