polishing

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey boydo is that normal powder coating on your big truck stacks i would love to do my big trucks thanks colin :d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You can buy "smoker stacks", for trucks in different color coatings now....all different shapes, sizes, and colors...... Black anodized is among the most popular now.....

Boydo, post a pic of 'em.........;)

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am going to get the black ones in the spring and ric go on boydo profile and u can see his truck with the blue stacks on they look smoking :d

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, here is the job that Boydo did on my sled !
Thanks Again !:d:d

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 54

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol... don't tell me that you use mother's and a powerball and they come out looking like boydo's! NEVER HAPPEN! There is a BIG difference between do it yourself and professionally done!

Hey, you quoted mine and i dont see me saying that i use mothers and a power ball. In fact mine look exaclty like Boydo's! In fact im sure i use the same product as him! so....

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
Hey, you quoted mine and i dont see me saying that i use mothers and a power ball. In fact mine look exaclty like Boydo's! In fact im sure i use the same product as him! so....

His job is more than just F1 polish... he ONLY uses it for finishing the tight spots... are you using several different bars of polish/grit on an angle grinder? What I am saying is this guy has thousands of hours honing his craft... unless you do it professionally, there is no way to be able to have his expertice in polishing... there is a difference between playing hockey and being a professional hockey player... to the untrained eye, they are both playing but not in the same league...

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His job is more than just F1 polish... he ONLY uses it for finishing the tight spots... are you using several different bars of polish/grit on an angle grinder? What I am saying is this guy has thousands of hours honing his craft... unless you do it professionally, there is no way to be able to have his expertice in polishing... there is a difference between playing hockey and being a professional hockey player... to the untrained eye, they are both playing but not in the same league...

Didn't anyone ever tell you, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all ?? LOL

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no kidding! I use power polishers, and more then just one stage to polishing/cutting. Have been doing it for years aswell! You sure gotta be one of the bigger internet @$$ kissers, i've come across lately. But not big deal. Most people dont act themselves when they sit behind a screen and just type away!

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soooooo...ridin high, how long have you been professionally polishing? whats your company name? whats your focus? tell the details........

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clearly you think you are to my caliber, so you MUST be at least 10,15,20? years in the business?? this must be your one main focus job, travelled the USA and EUROPE to learn new tricks, product use,technical data on products, talk to the manufacturers about the product lines they offer and different lines they carry, make your own line of hand polish for the last ten plus years......tell me you are doing or have done the same?! otherwise, well......?

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no where did i say i did all of that. I've been polishing things for a good 5 to 8 years off and on. i don't do it full time by all means. But with that being said, doesn't mean there are others out there that can perform work to your level. Lets get our head out of our *** and realize you are not king. Yeah your work looks great, and i havn't bashed it once. So tip your rocking chair and see reality. I guess having the 'Purple' name changes a guys mind set to eh!?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay guys this is getting to be a bit ridiculous nattering back and forth about shiney stuff .... boydo does nice stuff seen some of riding highs work as well looks good as well ....no sense going back and forth at each other over who has been at it the longest and whos final job is shinier ... just sit back and admire the works

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
okay guys this is getting to be a bit ridiculous nattering back and forth about shiney stuff .... boydo does nice stuff seen some of riding highs work as well looks good as well ....no sense going back and forth at each other over who has been at it the longest and whos final job is shinier ... just sit back and admire the works

YUP, I SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, OR THIS WELL BE SHUT DOWN:mad:......... BOYDO DOES GOOD WORK, AND HE HAS THE PICS AND CUSTOMERS TO VERIFY. I LIKE SEEING THE PICS OF ALL THE GOOD LOOKIN' SLEDS AND NICE POLISH JOBS, SO LETS JUST POST UP MORE PICS, AND ANY QUESTIONS, I'M SURE BOYDO CAN ANSWER FOR Y'ALL(OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER)................JUST SAYIN';)

Reaction score
IMG00141.jpg

IMG00143.jpg
Heres a couple of the xp I just did, sly use of camera phone to disguise the shotty job I did. The work on this thread is incredible, I used the jewellers rouge bars 4 stage to get this and I will only do it once a year just becasue of the effort required. Also it passes the time till the snow flies.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks good. i used to polish my sleds and decks myself for the past few years. makes u feel good when u do it urself. but shes a dirty job. no more for me. lol

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok fine i went on a rant! sorry to all. im sure everyone has their own style/preference of polishing but i do this daily so sometimes i get my opinionated fingers going before the brain !!! take care and keepem comin!!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok fine i went on a rant! sorry to all. im sure everyone has their own style/preference of polishing but i do this daily so sometimes i get my opinionated fingers going before the brain !!! take care and keepem comin!!

and how much do you sell your f1 polish stuff for thanks

Top Bottom