polairs overheating

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 2008 400ho sportsman that is over heating the fan works i,m thinking the temp sensor is shot how do you test it

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your rad fins if any are bent thats probaly your problem if you wash it with a pressuer washer you will get bent fins.

stowe8807

Reaction score
the newer polaris have a problem with a fuse to the fan its under the front rack you can test it with a continuity tester

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From 2005 and up, polaris has had problems with ecms. The ecm controls the fan. The fan could not being staying on long enough to cool down. The next time the fan kicks on, count how long. Call poo and see if there is a update for it. Hope this helps.:beer:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your rad is probably full of mud and dirt causing it not to get enought air flow. it may look clean but usually its not.

stowe8807

Reaction score
mine did this as well and started shooting coolant out instead of putting stock coolant back in i put engine ice in it and replaced the fuse and coated it with utv grease and havent had a prob since

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help going to check the fuse right know.

polarshell

Reaction score
My machine is older but I had the same problem- every time I went even a mile, I started pissing coolant. Mine turned out to be a head gasket and a plugged rad. We thought the rad was clean but was SO full of crap. I was also told by the dealer to check the rad cap....

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From 2005 and up, polaris has had problems with ecms. The ecm controls the fan. The fan could not being staying on long enough to cool down. The next time the fan kicks on, count how long. Call poo and see if there is a update for it. Hope this helps.:beer:

NO ECM ON THE 400HO ! If you;ve been in the mud, clean the BACKSIDE of the rad.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your problem and your many future problems with your Polaris can be easily solved with some unexpensive items. Jerry can of gas and a Lighter.:d

Top Bottom