planing a back country trip around Mcbride

dawsonhunter

Reaction score
I am looking for a new area to go.. I have spent years quading on the Tumbler Ridge side of the mountains, Now we are planning a trip to go north of Mcbride. Can anyone sugest any good areas where we can go for a 4 night back country quad camping trip... Lookin for a lake or a river as a destination... Thanks

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From reading what you are looking for, I think you would really enjoy the kinbasket lake drainage. Depending on which side of the lake you choose (east or west) there are multiple campgrounds and once you pass them, just make your own on the beautiful lake shore. Hundreds of KM of main road and spur roads to explore. I would suggest the Hugh Allen, but dont for get to bring your fishing rod and hit all the creeks on the way ! Careful them buggers bite !:eek:

Email me at the address below for more information

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to attache these the first time, but no go

Heres a bit of what you could expect, Im serious, them fish are mean !

Attachments

• CIMG2544 - Copy.jpg
    CIMG2544 - Copy.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 94
  • CIMG2545 - Copy.jpg
    CIMG2545 - Copy.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 104
  • CIMG2551.jpg
    CIMG2551.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMGP5913.jpg
    IMGP5913.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 90
  • CIMG2228-2.JPG
    CIMG2228-2.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 91

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice catch! Always wanted to get up there Valemont / McBride area to do some exploring. But I keep my hands full down here.

And nice shirt. Old school skullskates.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You took my ideas iam think the same thing I hear about trail from Mcbride
to kakwa falls not sure about any rules they have on the trail or if it open in the summer still checking

dawsonhunter

Reaction score
That is a trip i was thinking about also... Allthough with the pics above, i am looking hard into this area... lots of area to ride and the scenery is awesome.. does anybody know if there is any restrictions on the Kakwa area..

dawsonhunter

Reaction score
Thank you Depsnolvr for the pictures that is a beautiful fish... worth the war wounds...:d

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
That is a trip i was thinking about also... Allthough with the pics above, i am looking hard into this area... lots of area to ride and the scenery is awesome.. does anybody know if there is any restrictions on the Kakwa area..

You can't access Kakwa Lake via motor vehicles in the summer. One use to yrs ago but again some azzhats fugged it up. All sled camps are removed at the end of March. You can access on foot or horseback. We've driven to the falls with a pickup years ago when the water levels were very low. This was all done on the AB side south of Grande Prairie :d The BC government is really keeping an eye on this area so definately make sure before you go.

Top Bottom