overbooked flight

RJP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree this is bs, last month i flew to CA and back. Every time we changed planes they were overbooked and asked for people to fly standby. If i payed for a seat months in advance i wouldnt move either.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy that dragged him out worked for the air line? If so he most likely looking for work today. I thought I read on Facebook that guy was a doctor and needed to get to a surgery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not the best way to handle the situation,

looks like they asked him several times, offered a $1000! wonder if they offered anyone else the same deal? i'm thinking someone is going to get fired!.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not anything to do with how he was treated by United, but I read an article today about the doctor. apparently he was barred from practicing medicine for a decade for trading meds for BJ's...from a dude.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
problem solved united.JPG

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So they need four seats for employees....that's not even over booking, the employees should have waited....

Several years ago, was on a flight heading back to Edmonton from Los Vegas....they announced they needed two people to volunteer, promised next flight and hotel....I stuck up my hand said we'd do it, but wanted next flight , hotel and $1,000 ...they said no, next thing I had the pilot and a airline manager trying to convince us to do it for no cash, I just kept saying no....we settled for $500....plane was delayed 45 minutes while they hunted for our luggage....

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it was just overbooked. But to remove passengers so employees can fly just made it that much worse. These guys really need to be made an example of. Total bs.

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Its a crock, i fly lots and see this lots, way too often. Not on WestJet but Air Can, all the time. Out of T.O. to WPG, almost everytime, I have taken them up on the offer and usually get upgraded to 1st class and a credit. BUT when i need to be somewhere, i sit and watch them scramble to find someone to give up their seat. Its a crock that they are allowed over book flights, since fuel increase post 9/11 i do not travel on many flights that aren't 90% full

Top Bottom