Outlander Snorkel

GLDNBEAR

Reaction score
HI EVERYONE! HAVE NOT BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE. jUST LOOKING FOR SOME FEEDBACK FROM ANYONE WHO HAS INSTALLED ONE OF THOSE BYOU SNORKLE SET UPS ON AN OUTLANDER 800. DOES IT KEEP THE BELT DRY IN DEEP WATER OR NOT ETC. THANKS!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I heard that they do work good but you also run higher clutch temps and risk a melt down and warping the clutch housing thus rendering your quad useless in any water. But this is only hearsay, I have never acually talked to anyone this has happened to, just what my dealer told me.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I love my outlander. I didn't go crazy on it just a penland pipe, tfi chip, clutch kit, twin air, and now a 15 hp shot of nitrous. I run 26" xtr's on stock rims. I don't like all the flashy stuff as it tends to get smashed, dented or ripped off. Did I mention that I'm not the easyest guy on equipment :D If you look at the very top of the clutch housing, in the middle and make sure the back plate is not a little warped. If it is then thats where you are getting the water in at. The dealer will replace the backing plate and give you a free belt. There was a few built lacking the proper heat shield on the pipe, mine was one. Also look to see if anything on the bottom of your seat is melted and they will replace your seat and install an update for the heat shield. I'm not snorkled and she swims good. ;)

O2Bsane

Reaction score
Just build your own snorkel, way cheaper. Bayou is what 200+ buck I snorkeled 4 now fer like 60 to 70 bucks each. There is no heat issues either running a snorkel. I have had mine snorkeled for a year and a half now and zero problems. Maybe when I do the new one I will take pics or do a short vidoe on how to do it. Man I cant wait to get the new one mmmmm 7 inch gorilla lift she is gonna look MEAN.

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
Ya dude, I made my own for 65 bucks, and its stealth too (cant see it) Depending on the size of your quad...i wouldnt go with anything smaller than a 2 inch pipe. Heard of lots of problems with guys running with 1.5 inch piping....:sadbanana:

1nv8r17

Reaction score
I have a Ron Woods Rotax pipe and full header from both cylinders. I had a good set up for a snorkel kit but the header gives off so much heat even with the heat wrap on it, that it melted my plumbing on the clutch breathing side, which is about 3" away from the header pipe in the rear. I am currently getting custom steal plumbing made to get past the header pipe and out the other side, then I can go back to rubber vac hose or rad hose whichever works best past the transmission linkage. Does anyone else have any ideas for this set up? :rolleyes:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had East Coast Snorkles on mine since new with no problems. I have built several snork systems in the past and have the ability....just having the time was an issue. The ECS set-up uses 2" on the airbox and 1.5" on the CVT intake and exhaust. No heat problems. Guys running 1.5" with a "stealth" system (all tucked under the pod) run the CVT's a bit warmer. The warpage on the CVT cover is a factory issue that has been rectified with the replacement of the inner air guide (inner CVT cover) on 06 and 07 models.

Top Bottom