Ooops!!!

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually no but rob is a great guy at valley speed this guys name i think is jan cooke goin thru a buddy to him but have good recomendations

thanx I may consider getting back to u on that cause I wrecked a piston & jug on mine as well.....& moneys' tight this year!!!!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was bound to happen sooner or later......carvin up a meadow in some fresh pow and it was like someone hit the kill switch!!! cant complain bought sled used and have put over 3000 hard kms of mountain and powder riding......time for a refresh anyhows :d

Ouch!!!.. Piston skirt completely distroyed:confused: Clean out the crank case the best as possible. Lots of goodies down in there. Blow out the junk with an air compressor. If you want to be sure that you rid yur crankcase of any debrete, pour a bit of gasoline into the crankcase and then blow it again with yur air compressor. Use a magnet to collect any junk... only the ring parts will stick, but they are the most harmful if left down there after a rebuild.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookin at yur pics of that mess... yur probably in the need of 2 new jugs, and a new head? Not to mention pistons and rings ofcourse. More then a "refresh" to say the least. All the best with yur rebuild and I hope you get some some great deals on parts. It's always fun to rebuild... it's the expence that sucks :confused::rolleyes::) Enjoy :)

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookin at yur pics of that mess... yur probably in the need of 2 new jugs, and a new head? Not to mention pistons and rings ofcourse. More then a "refresh" to say the least. All the best with yur rebuild and I hope you get some some great deals on parts. It's always fun to rebuild... it's the expence that sucks :confused::rolleyes::) Enjoy :)

thanx i think it looks worst than it is...oh yes the cases are bein split and totally cleaned gonna prob get crank rebearinged....one jug has got one bad gouge in it and the head took a little peppering but not as bad as u would think....rotary valve is toast too as piece of piston went into intake and valve came around and...well u know....lol hopefully can bore 20 over and put new pistons in and retape the flappy thing to the bars again :d:d

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanx i think it looks worst than it is...oh yes the cases are bein split and totally cleaned gonna prob get crank rebearinged....one jug has got one bad gouge in it and the head took a little peppering but not as bad as u would think....rotary valve is toast too as piece of piston went into intake and valve came around and...well u know....lol hopefully can bore 20 over and put new pistons in and retape the flappy thing to the bars again :d:d

Just curious what its going to cost to rebuild I have a 98x to. can you repost some info on the rebuild and costs when your done? thanks

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to rebuild my 670x last season after the crankshaft went. It took the crankcase with it. Surprisingly, the top end didn't look too bad! I found a used crank case. I had the top and bottom end rebuilt. When all was said and done it was around $2300.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy out here in pritcahrd is the sled wrecker out here and he is steering me in the rite direction....hes great for parts if ya need any....new and used!

a to z parts fu8kin guy doesn't even return any calls

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya I hear Mongoose machine in the lower mainland is the place to send your crank....... for truing

If you get jug from mongoose make sure it is champed, got one for my '03 900, rebuilt it, sold it, new owner put 2 miles on blew again, brought it into D&D they said it wasn't champed, called mongoose was told he personally watched him champ it( how he new it was same jug:confused:) they wouldn't back it.:rant:

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have found one complete x rebuilt in a prince george paper 1700 bucks....holy!! only paid 2k for sled lol waiting for price on all parts still will post :beer:

TrailCrusader

Reaction score

You might have to replace the brass gear on the rotary-valve shaft. If debris got caught in the valve the brass gear is often damaged. Some shops will also tell you to check/replace the shaft as they can bend under the stress.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well all got a used motor in nice shape for good price and it runs great.....learned sumthin.....when sled gets hard to start...dont always blame carbs, dpm, tuning......chk freekin compression....if i did i may of saved the last motor before piston go kaboom oh well lesson learned just cost a grand for the old gurl....but worth every penny thanx all for your input and a big thanx to my local ridin buddies to help get me runnin for the rest of the season :):) Cheers all Brian :beer::beer::beer:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothin like your bro's , helpin a buddy out,
back on the pipe again....

Top Bottom