One man dead in UTV accident

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seatbelts, seatbelts, seatbelts. I watched a video a while back with a simple rollover and the cage pinned the passenger's head down in the mud (buried). No helmets and no seatbelts are not a good combo.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seatbelts, seatbelts, seatbelts. I watched a video a while back with a simple rollover and the cage pinned the passenger's head down in the mud (buried). No helmets and no seatbelts are not a good combo.
only mentioned no helmets, where you get no seat belts?

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Educated guess. No helmet in a rollover in a cage, meh. No seatbelt in a rollover in a cage equals crushed body part.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Educated guess. No helmet in a rollover in a cage, meh. No seatbelt in a rollover in a cage equals crushed body part.
you read a lot in to a very vague police report, real easy to bounce head off roll cage or other parts inside SxS. my thoughts are why speculate as to what happened, the wearing or lack of wearing seat belts is usually stated in police reports. and there is no mention of falling out of SxS, just a rollover and no helmets. you should be a hollywood screen writer. educated guessing just adds to confusion, and paranoia

Last edited:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
before to many rumors and conclusions are started one of the guys i work with personally knew the guy that died and the story he got was he flipped it on its side and had a heart attack. Not sure why he had a heart attack but that seems to be the story so far.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
before to many rumors and conclusions are started one of the guys i work with personally knew the guy that died and the story he got was he flipped it on its side and had a heart attack. Not sure why he had a heart attack but that seems to be the story so far.

Turbo392 will likely deduct that he probably had too much cocaine in his system, leading to the heart attack. :rolleyes: Why would you speculate ANYTHING? Just go with the facts.

Condolences to the family and friends. :(

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo392 will likely deduct that he probably had too much cocaine in his system, leading to the heart attack. :rolleyes: Why would you speculate ANYTHING? Just go with the facts.

Condolences to the family and friends. :(

We live in a Hollywood society, always drama to the unknown

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sad ,people have got to start respecting the big bore sxs..... they are fast !! Things happen in a hurry.......Helmets and a 4/5 point harness are a great idea.........The harnesss should come stock on every sxs made ...IMO.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sad ,people have got to start respecting the big bore sxs..... they are fast !! Things happen in a hurry.......Helmets and a 4/5 point harness are a great idea.........The harnesss should come stock on every sxs made ...IMO.

yes, but so far i have had no problem with the rope from PA, just tie myself in, not for quick exit though

lol

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

True, but not just of the big bore machines. The smaller 400-500 machines roll too. Doesn't take much if you're trying to drift or do donuts. Incidentally, donuts are a leading cause of ATV injuries.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True, but not just of the big bore machines. The smaller 400-500 machines roll too. Doesn't take much if you're trying to drift or do donuts. Incidentally, donuts are a leading cause of ATV injuries.
I could not agree more Dean !! Just seems the bigger machines get tested more.....ya know what i mean.I have seen some one`s arm pretty well ripped off in a Rhino, doing donuts........it is the most dangerous stupid thing a guy can do...........Anyways ,ride safe !!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could not agree more Dean !! Just seems the bigger machines get tested more.....ya know what i mean.I have seen some one`s arm pretty well ripped off in a Rhino, doing donuts........it is the most dangerous stupid thing a guy can do...........Anyways ,ride safe !!

Now, now, no need start name calling. I don't think calling a guy "stupid" for doing donuts is fair. After all, at least half the fun of ATVing is actually riding the ATV. Every level of riding comes with some risk which must be recognized and appropriately and constantly managed. Climbing that hill, drifting around that, taking that little (or big) jump, or even doing that donut are all fun - we just need to recognize the risk of what we are doing before deciding to weather or not to accept that risk. The problem is that some just don't have the experience to identify the risks. Most likely, this guy just didn't understand the risks involved in whatever it was he was trying to do and that would make the situation very sad. However, there always is the possibility that he understood the risk, decided to accept that risk, and then ended up dying doing what he loves.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you , however it is stupid ( IMO) to not fully understand the risks is my point....
Take time to know the machine and its limits is all I am saying. At the end of the day, it's a personel choice....
Sadly though for those left behind , it is not....!

i liken it to , would you turn a rookie bike rider out on a high powered crotch rocket ?
Would you let a novice driver start with a ZO6....
My point is some of the newer bigger. atv/SXS models are very powerful and deserve a bit more respect than the the old 300 fourtrax....

I am under the understanding it flipped on a flat field ....it's tragic , but does point out what can happen ...sadly enough .

Top Bottom