Oil Changes- filters

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When ever you change your oil on a 06 honda 500- make damn sure that whoever is doing it knows what they are doing. This particular unit has a filter that can be reversed with great consequences i.e. ruined motor. So far a new piston,jug and crank and piston rod are being replaced. 1700 dollars and counting. The worst part of this is my buddy had taken it to a relative that knew what he was doing but gave it to someone else to do who didn't. Now they are absolving themselves of any responsibility for having screwed up. Blood thicker than water? Right- lesson is if you don't do it yourself better make damn sure whoever does it really does know what they are doing!

Last edited:

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
When ever you change your oil on a 06 honda 500- make damn sure that whoever is doing it knows what they are doing. This particular unit has a filter that can be reversed with great consequences i.e. ruined motor. So far a new piston,jug and crank and piston rod are being replaced. 1700 dollars and counting. The worst part of this is my buddy had taken it to a relative that knew what he was doing but gave it to someone else to do who didn't. Now they are absolving themselves of any responsibility for having screwed up. Blood thicker than water? Right- lesson is if you don't do it yourself better make damn sure whoever does it really does know what they are doing!

ouch, that sux buddy, U didnt know how either or just didnt have enuff time to do the change? Sorry for ur loss.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up....it sucks for you. But it could save me and everyone else a bundle.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bill is now 2200 without the labour to reinstall the engine. The guy who was paid for the oil change doesn't offer warranty???? My view is you f#cked it you fix it. My buddy was willing to go half(still not sure why but another story), the oil changer offered 400. Careful who you get to change your oils and fluids is the lesson of the day:nono:

Top Bottom