Oh boy, so dumb

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little humour for you mechanics out there... At my expense haha

About 26,000kms ago I did injectors on my 2003 duramax. Well #5 solenoid shiat the bed so I tore it down, cleaned everything up, changed out just #5, couldn't really afford to go all 8 again, whatever it's my truck, I do what I want lol.

So at quarter to 7 tonight I try to fire up the truck. No fire. Think it's a fuel problem. Bleed and pump, over and over. Get the battery charger. Pump and bleed. No fire. I start fearing the worst, contaminated a different one or all, took out injector pump, maybe an internal leak so no rail pressure.... I jump up on motor and start to trace fuel lines making sure I didn't foul that up, then DAMMIT! I see the problem. It used to be a company truck, which has a positive air shutdown. Need I say more......

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
D'OH!!! Been there too. Easy to assume that the engine always gets air.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup, been there, done that .... And I wouldn't call it dumb, like the thread title says.... More so a life experience, or lesson learned ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep not so dumb my 07 HAD one just changed batteries and it would not start at same time command start screwed up and would not start some where along the line from cleaning the dash and batteries switch got tripped and back to normal so now no more positive air shut off. Getting it ready to sell anyway looking at a 16 good deal on Denali long box.

Top Bottom