Official REVY Riding Conditions 2013/14

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey.

Yeah I know I was floored by that. It's guys like that get areas shut down that maybe me mad. Yes I did help him more than I should of. I'm not being the nice guy anymore. I feel sorry for his kids. He was smashed. Poor kids.

And not being part of his group.

Nice meeting you.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Seen this to many times and they don't care and with his kids hopefully they won't do the same things as their father, but see what real men do. Helped a young guy out last year he ran out of gas I gave him some and he didn't even say thanks but I would do it all over again because not all people are this way. I have found the mast majority of the people up their are great u just get a small group of them that are just assholes and the old saying is u just can't fix stupid going up Nov 23 can't wait.

dsenych

Reaction score
Yep... seen the pics and booked a cabin for the Dec.14th weekend.... Keep the pics coming!

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen this to many times and they don't care and with his kids hopefully they won't do the same things as their father, but see what real men do. Helped a young guy out last year he ran out of gas I gave him some and he didn't even say thanks but I would do it all over again because not all people are this way. I have found the mast majority of the people up their are great u just get a small group of them that are just assholes and the old saying is u just can't fix stupid going up Nov 23 can't wait.

Thank you I know I say I wont help any one any more thats a lie. I was just angry with the whole situation. It is a good thing to help people in trouble but just a simple thank you would be in order.

St0rm77

Reaction score
everybody has had a bad experience with others on the mountain; i needed some fuel to get my butt out from boulder one day, thanks goes out to the guy who was more than happy to oblige. bought beers in town for him and his buddies as a thank-you. also been on the other side, where last year coming out from allen creek in valemount, there was a dude that had ( what i figure was) a hung injector and kept fouling plugs..... i had a stash of the ones he needed, and didn't mind in the least. it was my turn for beers that night!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What km you fellas unloading on Boulder? Looks like the weather coming up will bring the snowline down

Went to boulder yesterday. Unloaded at the upper parking lot just after the viedamin Y. 6sleds on the entire hill and there is pretty decent snow for this time of year. A little less than last year this weekend. But still good.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Frisby today, parked at till pit. Probed 30-35 cms. in meadows below Knob. Bluebird and all fun and games till you hit a rock. Still had a good day :) Need more snow and it looks like it`s on it`s way. Revelstoke, British Columbia - 14 Day Weather Trend - The Weather Network
040.jpg
033.jpg
015.jpg
014.jpg
025.jpg

Last edited:

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
It looks like there was a lot of very happy sledders in Revy this weekend with the great weather and deep powder to be ripped up. I was lucky enough to get out for the last two days and I can tell you it was some of the best early season snow I have ridden in, keeping in mind there are still hazards out on the mountain but it's good to just get out. We will try to get started grooming as soon as possible but we need more snow down low. The snow is deep up in the alpine so any of the other mountains like Keystone, Sale.and Caribou Basin can be accessed by a logging road almost to the the top so if Boulder or Frisby are not your thing try these mountains.

Attachments

• 2013-11-11 11.14.27.jpg
    2013-11-11 11.14.27.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 1,224
  • 2013-11-11 11.13.47.jpg
    2013-11-11 11.13.47.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,223
  • 2013-11-11 11.14.26-1.jpg
    2013-11-11 11.14.26-1.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,225
  • 2013-11-10 13.21.13.jpg
    2013-11-10 13.21.13.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,216
  • 2013-11-10 13.27.14-2.jpg
    2013-11-10 13.27.14-2.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,222

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
few buddys got back today from boulder, said they had a blast but found a rock latter in the day.... getting close thou...

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
Anybody riding revy the 22nd n 23rd that's got room in the group for 1 more. Had a trip planned but my other 2 so called friends bagged out on me. Tree riding or not is ok with me. Beacon, probe and shovel on board. Thought I'd check cuz I still wanna go ride. Was gonna stay at the peaks

Last edited:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody riding revy the 22nd n 23rd that's got room in the group for 1 more. Had a trip planned but my other 2 so called friends bagged out on me. Tree riding or not is ok with me. Beacon, probe and shovel on board. Thought I'd check cuz I still wanna go ride. Was gonna stay at the peaks

my crew will be up there...were staying at the smokey bear (right accross the road) we will have a white enclosed trailer with a red dodge mega cab we all ride cats fire me a pm closer to the date your more then welcome to ride with us.

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my crew will be up there...were staying at the smokey bear (right accross the road) we will have a white enclosed trailer with a red dodge mega cab we all ride cats fire me a pm closer to the date your more then welcome to ride with us.

Damn, I'm gonna miss you by a week or so. Check your PM.

Jrhcars

Reaction score
Coming to revy next week just wondering if I can have a sled deck on my half ton legally in bc ?

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming to revy next week just wondering if I can have a sled deck on my half ton legally in bc ?

Do some calculations. If you're overweight, you're illegal. Plain and simple. Most 1/2 tons don't have the capacity for a deck, 2 sleds, 2 or more guys, fuel, baggage etc.

JONSHOW

Reaction score

Throw a set of airbags in and you'll be fine.
You may be over your legal GVWR but lots of people do it all the time and have no issues.
I run bags on my 2011 RAM 1500 and have never had an issue with "The Man".
Just realize your front end will feel lighter and you should reduce your speed to compensate for the added weight of multiple sleds, gear, fuel and a passenger.
Your vehicle wasn't designed to haul the added weight so if you do get pulled over or questioned by the law just be upfront with them. You'll often find then pretty reasonable.
We can't all afford jacked one tons, especially when your dumping fat cash in to your sled!

Last edited:

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw a set of airbags in and you'll be fine.
You may be over your legal GVWR but lots of people do it all the time and have no issues.
I run bags on my 2011 RAM 1500 and have never had an issue with "The Man".
Just realize your front end will feel lighter and you should reduce your speed to compensate for the added weight of multiple sleds, gear, fuel and a passenger.
Your vehicle wasn't designed to haul the added weight so if you do get pulled over or questioned by the law just be upfront with them. You'll often find then pretty reasonable.
We can't all afford jacked one tons, especially when your dumping fat cash in to your sled!

I don't want this to turn into a discussion about decks/legal weight, but I couldn't disagree more. To Jrhcars, there are a ton of threads on this and you'll find your answer if you search. But I will say this: Airbags do not make it fine. If you don't need a 3/4 ton or 1 ton/can't afford one, save your money on the deck your 1/2 ton can't handle and go buy a new 2 place trailer for $2,000.

Top Bottom