Nytro starter removal???

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks 4x4. I've done all that except the motor mounts. Guess I'll go out and see if I can figure out where they are. Cutting the rivets out of the heat exchanger and trying to move it sure didn't work!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that didn't work. I'm done with this BS! It's going to the dealer next week and I'll work a couple OT shifts doing something I know how to do to pay for it. Why can't they build sleds these days you can actually work on?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
When I did mine I left the two front bolts and took out the long bolt on the back, with doing this I was able to pivot the motor using a long pry bar and get the starter out. It's a tight fit and I recall some choice words were said. A few frustration breaks were worth it. hope it works for you

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup....got the choice words and frustration breaks figured out! Starter's still up inside there staring at me though. I'm thinking disconnecting the exhaust bellows might have helped me move it a little further, but I just don't have the patience left to go try it again. :realmad:

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't have much fun doing it just did it a few weeks ago mine doesn't have a exhaust on it so that might be the difference might try turning the starter.so that the nose is facing out the bottom two guys with bars and wiggle or walk the starter out if u where closer I would give u a hand I know my front cooler has a few good marks in it from the install

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well.....the dealer had my starter out in an hour.

If it wasn't for the labour I'll save, that would pizz me off after the 2 days I spent laying under it!

500 friggin dollars for a starter though.....holy crap! :der:

Top Bottom