Nylon/Kevlar hood screen

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where one can buy the nylon/kevlar screen one uses in making side vents and such without buying a kit. I want to make my own and am looking for only the good strong screen....if anyone knows where a guy can buy a peice of that screen it would be greatly appreciated.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Does anyone know where one can buy the nylon/kevlar screen one uses in making side vents and such without buying a kit. I want to make my own and am looking for only the good strong screen....if anyone knows where a guy can buy a peice of that screen it would be greatly appreciated.

If you can't find any, pet screen works well. It is a lot stronger than any of the window screen that one can buy. Just trying to help.....

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ferniesow....I actually found some of the good stuff at Home Hardware as they sell it in rolls for under decks and such....the only thing is it only comes in 4 feet by 50 foot rolls and I can't even come close to using that much material....I am looking for maybe a yard square kinda thing....thanks for the tip.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks Ferniesow....I actually found some of the good stuff at Home Hardware as they sell it in rolls for under decks and such....the only thing is it only comes in 4 feet by 50 foot rolls and I can't even come close to using that much material....I am looking for maybe a yard square kinda thing....thanks for the tip.

I'm not sure what you are looking at but it sounds like some sort of landscape material! I wouldn't recommend it!

Some of the better dealers carry pre-filter material and it even comes in various colors.

Top Bottom