Now im stuck on deciding whether i should get a 4 stroke or 2 stroke...?

Mrlake

Reaction score
Which one guys i know how 4 is power/ torque and 2 is speed and lighter but im leaning towards 2 because of the maintenance and how it is simpler to easier to repair and all. But i also heard that 2 strokes overheat easily in tight trails.

Mrlake

Reaction score
Srry i saw nothing in ur post till after, ( my comp is slow)

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just went back to a 2 stroke,love it,ktm 300,i ride single track lot and the bottem end torque is great,plus the power band is very adjustable to your riding style,nice and light and have had no issue with over heatin yet,I went this way for ease of maintanance and wieght{plus i love the sound and smell of 2 stroke.lol}

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i jumped from 2 stroke to 4 stroke fuelie and will NEVER look back. If it were carb vs carb i would go 2 but fuel injection really smartens up these 4 strokes and makes them WAY snappier

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
you may see better torque from a 4 stroke, but 2 strokes produce more horsepower, and honestly the will not overheat any sooner than a 4 stroke. not sure where your getting your info. but in the MX world it used to take double the CC's in a 4 stroke to compete with a 2. granted 4 stroke tech has improved since then. but it still takes a 250 4 cycle to run with a 125 2 stroke. sure the abundance of 2 strokes are not nearly what they used to be, but they still have a strong following, and rightly so. The simplicity and cost to rebuild a 2 stroke is a major factor. ultimately its your choice to make. but there is nothing wrong with 2 strokes. just make sure to do a compression test on whatever it is before you buy

Top Bottom