Note for new Teryx owners

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to make a suggestion to new owners, check your belt deflection the day you get it home, it's a easy check. I had a lot of problems in the first 10 hrs with belt light coming on and getting stuck with no wheel spin, finally smoked it good so torn everything down to replace the belt and found defection to be at 38mm and should be 22-27mm. Put new belt on and checked again, deflection was still at 34mm, had dealer remove a shim and now is at 22 on new one and 26 on old one. Tried to get them to warranty the first belt do to deflection being so far out, no luck. Oh well, it's like a completely different machine now, wish I would have checked first. Hope this saves someone a belt:beer:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks man, my company just bought the 2009 camo edition for my brother and i. How has That machine been for you and any other Teryx owners?

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been good, we lost a belt after getting stuck pretty bad(had to bring my truck in to get it out). Also had problems with it smoking a bunch, they said it was because I took it up hills. Sooo... no mud holes or hills. Other than that no real issues. I think my Teryx is an 09 aswell. Never had a problem with belt light coming on, have had problems with the temperature light coming on, and the fan not turning on. Have to take off the seat, and flip a switch to reset it.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no issues here. I just installed a new clutch kit asap and belt problem solved. Also i havent had any issues with the oil thing. I have taken some steep hills on mine and caught some air. I also installed the muzzy,PC5,intake and some rims and tires. Next is a cab and heater and a plow. Ill post some pics once i get that stuff.

Top Bottom